August 25, 20233 yr I have this tvbox model as per the attached photos. I tried to run the image: Armbian_23.5.2_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.1.30 but the error appeared: U-Boot SPL 2021.04 (May 25 2023 - 13:06:08 +0200) DRAM:This DRAM setup is currently not supported. I was able to extract the dtb files along with the boot.img and bootloader.img. but I'm sending the files that I dumped. The link is below because I couldn't attach it here.from this tvbox. can anybody help me? dumped dtb and boot.img and bootloader.img: https://we.tl/t-xp8WGoP80f bootik316.txt
October 6, 20233 yr Author well, after many attempts I managed to boot Armbian on the TVbox with emcp chip, you really have to change the parameters in defconfig and recompile to generate ou-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin,but the internal network card still doesn't work from the ik316 which is the same h616 used network usb and the HDMI output doesn't work. The latest version of Armbian: Armbian_23.8.3_Orangepizero2_b gives error after u-boot: starting systemd-udevd version 252.12-1~deb12u1 [ 2.600465] thermal thermal_zone0: gpu-thermal: critical temperature reached, shutting down [ 2.608985] reboot: HARDWARE PROTECTION shutdown (Temperature too high) I used the version Armbian 22.08.6 Jammy with bleeding edge Linux 5.19.16-sunxi64 and with modified spl.bin Edited October 7, 20233 yr by javaxsousa
October 7, 20233 yr @javaxsousa I would suggest to share your uboot defconfig changes so that it will be helpful for others as well
October 7, 20233 yr 7 hours ago, javaxsousa said: The latest version of Armbian: Armbian_23.8.3_Orangepizero2_b gives error after u-boot: starting systemd-udevd version 252.12-1~deb12u1 [ 2.600465] thermal thermal_zone0: gpu-thermal: critical temperature reached, shutting down [ 2.608985] reboot: HARDWARE PROTECTION shutdown (Temperature too high) You didn't mention what was the kernel you used that gave you the issue. The error message is simply stating that your gpu overheated and hence the system is shutting down. May be your dtb needs some adjustment to make proper use of thermal subsystem and frequency scaling for gpu.
October 7, 20233 yr Author i used kernel: Linux version 5.19.16-sunxi64 with Armbian_22.08.7_Orangepizero2_jammy_edge_5.19.16.img, this version works but HDMI ,network and audio not work Edited October 7, 20233 yr by javaxsousa
October 29, 20232 yr Hello! @javaxsousa Could you please share the image you manage to boot with your TV Box? I have an IK316-EMCP_V4.1 and I've tried several images and none of them seem to work. I'd like to to try the one you built since the hardware seem to be quite similar. Thank you in advance!
November 1, 20232 yr Author @andre2b sorry my delay of answer this question , but I used image from armbian but I compile u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin and make this command: dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/yourcard bs=1k seek=8 conv=fsync on sd card with armbian installed. I attached a copy of u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin here, try it and see if it works I didn't send the complete image because I still haven't been able to recompile it with the complete Armbian. u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin Edited November 1, 20232 yr by javaxsousa
November 2, 20232 yr Thanks for the reply @javaxsousa, but unfortunately it didn´t work. I Downloaded the image from https://armbian.hosthatch.com/archive/orangepizero2/archive/Armbian_22.08.7_Orangepizero2_jammy_edge_5.19.16.img.xz , burned it to the sd card and run your command but I still have a blank screen I'll keep checking the forum for any progress you or some one else makes, and if I can make it work I'll also leave a message. Thanks
November 3, 20232 yr Author @andre2b From what I could see, your TV box does not have the EMC chip, so I suggest testing with other images, because despite showing Ik316, the chip is actually an H313/H616. Test is below too https://github.com/warpme/miniarch
December 11, 20232 yr @andre2b all good? I have the same board you have (IK316-EMCP_V4.1), and I'm having problems installing Arbian on it. Did you get more information about this chip?
January 30, 20242 yr Author @buratino sorry my delay of answer this question, but above i put my config, i used "u-boot-2021.07" version IK316-EMCP_defconfig.txt @Matheus Gomes the chip Ik316 is the same H616/H313 Edited January 30, 20242 yr by javaxsousa
November 27, 20241 yr On 1/30/2024 at 4:22 PM, javaxsousa said: sorry my delay of answer this question, but above i put my config, i used "u-boot-2021.07" version I get this error: make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'dts/upstream/src/arm64/allwinner/sun50i-h616-tanix-tx6s.dtb', needed by 'dtbs'. Stop. Where can I get this file sun50i-h616-tanix-tx6s.dts? I use the sources from the official repository u-boot.
November 28, 20241 yr Try this MiniArch image.. if it boots then you can copy over the dts from MiniArch to Armbian. https://github.com/warpme/miniarch/releases/download/v20241118/MiniArch-20240715-6.12.0-board-h616.tanix_tx6s-SD-Image.img.xz U-boot: https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/blob/master/script/bootloaders/u-boot-h616/files/152-add-tanix-tx6s-defconfig.patch https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/blob/master/script/bootloaders/u-boot-h616/files/157-add-tanix_tx6s_kingston_lpddr3_defconfig.patch Kernel: https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/blob/master/script/kernel/linux-6.11/files/0645-arm64-dts-allwinner-h616-add-Tanix-TX6s-TVbox.patch
November 28, 20241 yr 10 minutes ago, Nick A said: U-boot: Thank you, but these are patches. DTS file I can't find there.
November 28, 20241 yr It's there. You just need to remove the "+". I used this shell script command. Editing it by hand would take forever. This removes the first character on each line. sed 's/^.\{1\}//' 152-add-tanix-tx6s-defconfig.patch > output.patch /dts/upstream/src/arm64/allwinner/sun50i-h616-tanix-tx6s.dts // SPDX-License-Identifier: (GPL-2.0+ or MIT) /* * Copyright (C) 2021 Arm Ltd. */ /dts-v1/; #include "sun50i-h616.dtsi" #include <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h> #include <dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h> #include <dt-bindings/leds/common.h> / { model = "Tanix TX6s"; compatible = "tanix,tx6s", "allwinner,sun50i-h616"; aliases { mmc0 = &mmc0; mmc1 = &mmc1; mmc2 = &mmc2; ethernet0 = &emac1; serial0 = &uart0; }; chosen { stdout-path = "serial0:115200n8"; }; reg_vcc5v: vcc5v { /* board wide 5V supply directly from the DC input */ compatible = "regulator-fixed"; regulator-name = "vcc-5v"; regulator-min-microvolt = <5000000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <5000000>; regulator-always-on; }; }; &ehci0 { status = "okay"; }; &ehci2 { status = "okay"; }; &ir { status = "okay"; }; &emac1 { pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&rmii_pins>; phy-mode = "rmii"; phy-handle = <&rmii_phy>; phy-supply = <®_aldo1>; allwinner,rx-delay-ps = <3100>; allwinner,tx-delay-ps = <700>; status = "okay"; }; &mdio1 { rmii_phy: ethernet-phy@1 { compatible = "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22"; reg = <1>; }; }; &r_i2c { status = "okay"; axp305_1: pmic@36 { compatible = "x-powers,axp305", "x-powers,axp805", "x-powers,axp806"; reg = <0x36>; /* dummy interrupt to appease the driver for now */ interrupts = <GIC_SPI 103 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>; interrupt-controller; #interrupt-cells = <1>; }; }; &mmc0 { vmmc-supply = <®_dcdce>; //cd-gpios = <&pio 8 16 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>; /* PI16 */ broken-cd; bus-width = <4>; status = "okay"; }; &mmc1 { vmmc-supply = <®_dcdce>; broken-cd; bus-width = <4>; status = "okay"; }; &mmc2 { vmmc-supply = <®_dcdce>; bus-width = <8>; non-removable; cap-mmc-hw-reset; status = "okay"; }; &ohci0 { status = "okay"; }; &ohci2 { status = "okay"; }; &r_rsb { status = "okay"; axp305: pmic@745 { compatible = "x-powers,axp305", "x-powers,axp805", "x-powers,axp806"; interrupt-controller; #interrupt-cells = <1>; reg = <0x745>; x-powers,self-working-mode; vina-supply = <®_vcc5v>; vinb-supply = <®_vcc5v>; vinc-supply = <®_vcc5v>; vind-supply = <®_vcc5v>; vine-supply = <®_vcc5v>; aldoin-supply = <®_vcc5v>; bldoin-supply = <®_vcc5v>; cldoin-supply = <®_vcc5v>; regulators { reg_aldo1: aldo1 { regulator-always-on; regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-name = "vcc-sys"; }; reg_aldo2: aldo2 { regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-name = "vcc3v3-ext"; status = "disabled"; }; reg_aldo3: aldo3 { regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-name = "vcc3v3-ext2"; status = "disabled"; }; reg_bldo1: bldo1 { regulator-always-on; regulator-min-microvolt = <1800000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <1800000>; regulator-name = "vcc1v8"; }; reg_bldo2: bldo2 { regulator-min-microvolt = <1800000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <1800000>; regulator-name = "vcc1v8-2"; status = "disabled"; }; bldo3 { /* unused */ }; bldo4 { /* unused */ }; cldo1 { regulator-min-microvolt = <2500000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <2500000>; regulator-name = "vcc2v5"; }; cldo2 { /* unused */ }; cldo3 { /* unused */ }; reg_dcdca: dcdca { regulator-always-on; regulator-min-microvolt = <810000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <1080000>; regulator-name = "vdd-cpu"; }; reg_dcdcc: dcdcc { regulator-always-on; regulator-min-microvolt = <810000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <1080000>; regulator-name = "vdd-gpu-sys"; }; reg_dcdcd: dcdcd { regulator-always-on; regulator-min-microvolt = <1360000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <1360000>; regulator-name = "vdd-dram"; }; reg_dcdce: dcdce { regulator-boot-on; regulator-min-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-max-microvolt = <3300000>; regulator-name = "vcc-eth-mmc"; }; sw { /* unused */ }; }; }; }; &uart0 { pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&uart0_ph_pins>; status = "okay"; }; &usbotg { dr_mode = "host"; /* USB A type receptable */ status = "okay"; }; &usbphy { status = "okay"; }; /configs/tanix_tx6s_defconfig CONFIG_ARM=y CONFIG_ARCH_SUNXI=y CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE="allwinner/sun50i-h616-tanix-tx6s" CONFIG_SPL=y CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_H616_DDR3_1333=y CONFIG_DRAM_CLK=648 CONFIG_DRAM_ODT_EN=y CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_UNKNOWN_FEATURE=y CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_BIT_DELAY_COMPENSATION=y CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_READ_CALIBRATION=y CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_DX_ODT=0x03030303 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_DX_DRI=0x0e0e0e0e CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_CA_DRI=0x00001c12 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_ODT_EN=0x00000001 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR0=0xc0000c05 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR2=0x00000000 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR10=0x2f0007 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR11=0xffffdddd CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR12=0xfedf7557 CONFIG_MACH_SUN50I_H616=y CONFIG_R_I2C_ENABLE=y CONFIG_SPL_I2C=y CONFIG_SPL_I2C_SUPPORT=y CONFIG_SPL_SYS_I2C_LEGACY=y CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MVTWSI=y CONFIG_SYS_I2C_SLAVE=0x7f CONFIG_SYS_I2C_SPEED=100000 CONFIG_PHY_REALTEK=y CONFIG_SUN8I_EMAC=y CONFIG_I2C3_ENABLE=y CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y CONFIG_USB_MUSB_GADGET=y CONFIG_SUPPORT_EMMC_BOOT=y CONFIG_SYS_MMCSD_RAW_MODE_U_BOOT_SECTOR=0x40 CONFIG_MMC_SUNXI_SLOT_EXTRA=2 Edited November 28, 20241 yr by Nick A
November 28, 20241 yr 24 minutes ago, Nick A said: /dts/upstream/src/arm64/allwinner/sun50i-h616-tanix-tx6s.dts Thanks a lot
March 11, 20251 yr @Gustavo Gurgel You need an image with h616, LPDDR3 and AXP305 @javaxsousa used tanix tx6s because it already had H616 and AXP305. He just needed to change u-boot's tanix tx6s defconfig to support LPDDR3 Android boot log [3140]DRAM CLK =720 MHZ [3142]DRAM Type =7 (3:DDR3,4:DDR4,7:LPDDR3,8:LPDDR4) So he added these lines CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_LPDDR3=y CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_H616_LPDDR3=y He should of changed the CLK to 720 CONFIG_DRAM_CLK=258 So the new tanix_tx6s_defconfig for uboot should be CONFIG_ARM=y CONFIG_ARCH_SUNXI=y CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE="allwinner/sun50i-h616-tanix-tx6s" CONFIG_DRAM_ODT_EN=y CONFIG_SPL=y CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_ZQ=0x3f3fdd CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_DX_ODT=0x03030303 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_DX_DRI=0x0e0e0e0e CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_CA_DRI=0x1f12 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR0=0xc0001002 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR6=0x33808080 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR10=0x2f1107 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR11=0xddddcccc CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR12=0xeddc7665 CONFIG_DRAM_SUN50I_H616_TPR13=0x40 CONFIG_DRAM_CLK=720 CONFIG_MACH_SUN50I_H616=y CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_LPDDR3=y CONFIG_SUNXI_DRAM_H616_LPDDR3=y CONFIG_SUPPORT_EMMC_BOOT=y CONFIG_MMC_SUNXI_SLOT_EXTRA=2 CONFIG_SPL_I2C=y CONFIG_SPL_I2C_SUPPORT=y CONFIG_SPL_SYS_I2C_LEGACY=y CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MVTWSI=y CONFIG_SYS_I2C_SLAVE=0x7f CONFIG_SYS_I2C_SPEED=100000 CONFIG_PHY_REALTEK=y CONFIG_SUN8I_EMAC=y CONFIG_I2C3_ENABLE=y #CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y #CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y I have an Armbian build with miniarch patches. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/tree/v20250306 git clone https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build.git --branch v20250306 You need to make an Armbian board config for your box. build/config/boards/ik316-lpddr3.tvb # Allwinner H616 TVBox with 1GB of RAM and EMMC BOARD_NAME="ik316 LPDDR3" BOARDFAMILY="sun50iw9" BOARD_MAINTAINER="" BOOTCONFIG="tanix_tx6s_defconfig" BOOT_LOGO="desktop" KERNEL_TARGET="edge" KERNEL_TEST_TARGET="edge" FORCE_BOOTSCRIPT_UPDATE="yes" OVERLAY_PREFIX="sun50i-h616" You should be able to edit the defconfig patch at the bottom of this file and add your changes. build/patch/u-boot/u-boot-h616/152-add-tanix-tx6s-defconfig.patch Also change this line @@ -0,0 +1,36 @@ to @@ -0,0 +1,32 @@ This new defconfig is only 32 lines instead of 36. Edited March 13, 20251 yr by Nick A
March 13, 20251 yr @Gustavo Gurgel Try this image. Let me know if it works.. https://github.com/NickAlilovic/build/releases/tag/20250306 Edited March 30, 20251 yr by Nick A
March 26, 20251 yr @Nick A Can you give me a step-by-step guide on how to install Linux on the ik316? I tried using the ISO you provided and u-boot, but it gives me a black screen.
March 27, 20251 yr Can you provide a picture of your board? I need the AXP chip number. Write the image to your card. Insert a toothpick into your A/V port you’ll feel a button. Hold it down then plugin your power cord release after a few seconds Edited March 27, 20251 yr by Nick A
March 27, 20251 yr @Felps I can't see the AXP chip... it's small chip on the board. Can you tell me the number?
March 27, 20251 yr It’s better to install a usb serial device and attach to GND TX RX on your board https://linux-sunxi.org/UART Edited March 27, 20251 yr by Nick A
March 27, 20251 yr Still can't see... can you just read it out to me. It's the very tiny black chip. Between your IK316 and wifi chip SV6256P.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.