Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Initramfs can't find /dev/mmcblk1p1

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I have been using armbian jammy on my potato without issues.

But since the weekend it only boots to initramfs and says can't find mmcblk1p1

I put the sdcard a live gparted and partitions are and verified.

In initramfs I can find in /dev the mmcblk0p1 but not the mmcblk1p1

Now how can I change the boot or the name of the device?

IMG_20230831_120605.jpg

Edited by Roberto Rodrigues
Wring tag

Solved by Gunjan Gupta

  • Author

Another info, in initramfs I created a symlink to the missed file

ln /dev/mmcblk0p1 /dev/mmcblk1p1

After having the link created I typed exec init and it started to boot, but off course it fails, because the initramfs gets cleaned. So where the hell is where I change the name is the mmc file to boot?

Best regards

 

  • Author

Is there anyone who can at least explain me how is the boot on armbian lepotato configurable?

Is it grub, I know already it isn't but just to exemplify, I wanna change the config of the boot of possible at least?

  • Solution

This is interesting one. Kind of like how sd card names are different between different version of RPi.

 

You haven't mentioned the image you are using. But from the post I am deducing it was working fine for you until you installed an update?

 

I am not 100% sure as this is not a device I work with. But generally the root device is set in a file called armbianEnv.txt. Here is something for you to try 

 

mount your root partition

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt

check if /mnt/boot/armbianEnv.txt exists

ls /mnt/boot/armbianEnv.txt

if it doesn't exists, create it. Replace <Your UUID> with UUID shown in output of blkid command

echo "rootdev=UUID="<Your UUID>" > /mnt/boot/armbianEnv.txt

unmount your root partition

umount /mnt

and reboot

  • Author

Many Thanks Gunjan Gupta

It really worked the adding of the line echo

 

Indeed i had done some updates, but i don't remember if i did any to kernel or something like that.

The line echo had to be changed to like

 

echo rootdev=UUID="<Your UUID>" >> /mnt/boot/armbianEnv.txt

Because the file existed, but had no line to boot the sdcard.

 

Thanks once again.

Hope this helps others.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.