Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Routing a IP on ARMBIAN 23.8

Featured Replies

Hello!

 

First of all. Sry if this was already  menationed ins some thread. I tried to find the solution here

 

I am using a ROCKPI E.

I switchted my OS from Ubutnu to ARMBIAN 23.8 Bookworm. I am still confused, if this was a good idea. I read that ARMBIAN should be the “better” OS for the KERNEL. Is there a rule of thumb what to use?

On my Ubuntu i made some settings to route my IPS, since i am controling a pump on ETH0 and using my LAN on ETH1. On UBUNTU i made this changes on dhcpcd.conf:

interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.1.50/24
static router=192.168.1.2
static domain_name_server=8.8.8.8

Since this file does not exist on ARMBIAN, where do i make the changes for this on ARMBIAN?

thank you

10 minutes ago, Manuel_o said:

I switchted my OS from Ubutnu to ARMBIAN 23.8 Bookworm. I am still confused, if this was a good idea.


https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-the-difference-between-armbian-and-debianubuntu

 

If you are good with Debian or Ubuntu, you will be good with Armbian too. If you are seeking for Ubuntu specific and there is no ready made Ubuntu based image, you can make one in no time.
https://github.com/armbian/build

 

16 minutes ago, Manuel_o said:

Since this file does not exist on ARMBIAN, where do i make the changes for this on ARMBIAN?


If service you need is not installed, and DHCPD almost certainly is not preinstalled, configuration file can not exist. Armbian comes without any preinstalled bloatware. If you want to change it to file server or whatever, you install that. Shipping everything that is possible for everyone would be very stupid.


Perhaps this (didn't read the text by I assume this is what you need - google search)
https://www.tecmint.com/install-dhcp-server-in-ubuntu-debian/

  • Author

Thank you for the answer.

 

I read about it, that dhcpc is not installed on armbian. I somehow read that the pendant to it on ARmbian is the networkmanager. (I GUESs)

 

But thats where i quit. I put this settings:

interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.1.50/24
static router=192.168.1.2
static domain_name_server=8.8.8.8

 

on ubuntu in my dhcpcd.conf file and it worked.Since this is not existent, somehow need to do this setttings on Armbian.

 

I tried to install dhcpc but chrashed my OS

Edited by Manuel_o

As I understand you are trying to configure static network address for eth0. As you are trying to configure it by editing a file, I am guessing you are using a cli image. You can just run nmtui. In the dialog box that will appear, choose edit connect and then select your nic. Another dialog will open, there change automatic to manual. On the right a show button will appear. Press tab to select it and press enter. It will show you fields to configure the IP.

 

You can also google about how to configure ip address using NetworkManager to get more info.

  • Author

Thank you.

 

like in this thread, that come through my research (thats why i have 2 threads, sorry) 

 

 

I somehow cant activate end0 (eth0) almost like it doesnt exist. Strange

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.