Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Helios64 - Armbian 23.08 Bookworm issues (solved)

Featured Replies

Solved by ebin-dev

On 8/18/2025 at 3:08 PM, BipBip1981 said:

For information, fancontrol, deamon or service systemd crash but work just with run fancontrol from shell in root.

Seen to be a privileges problem like systemd log... i look this soon and post here my workaround

You have to change the fancontrol.service file and set the option PrivateDevices to no. Do systemctl edit fancontrol and insert

[Service]
PrivateDevices=no

 

I did not detect the fancontrol issue sooner as I had not tested the trixie image. Indeed PrivateDevices=no should be set because helios64 and helios4 points fancontrol tu /dev symlinks prepared via udevs rules to sysfs files.

I don't know if I can get rid of these udev rules, ie if I have persistend access to the proper sysfs directories for thermal and hwmon required by fancontrol on helios64.

I also question why only 3 boards uses fancontrol in armbian. I had a thermal policy patch for the dts, it has the added bonus that it works when the kernel start and until it stops thus no uneeded high fan speed before fancontrol start and after it stops. But I am still wondering why kobol team chossed fancontrol and thus what are the pros and cons of fancontrol vs dts thermal policy.

 

https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/8928 PR to set PrivateDevices=no when one upgrades armbian-bsp-cli-helios64-current or edge is in the pipe.

Been looking at getting my Helios64 back up and running after experiencing a lot of instability a few years ago. Stumbled across this thread and things look somewhat promising, but after reading through I'm unsure what I should actually do to get things running! Lots of different posts with lots of different .dtb files, seemingly PR's in to the armbian repo etc. As of today, what is the best approach to get things up and running? Do the PR's mean I should be able to just use Armbian direct from the site and have a stable NAS?

 

EDIT: I installed the latest version listed on the Helios64 armbian page (v25.11.2 - 6.12.58-current-rockchip64) and it seems to be working fine so far.

Edited by tommitytom

That's the version I'm running as well, and I have no issues either. I think replacing the device tree (.dtb) at this point only helps with the onboard flash speed?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.