Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

latest build of armbian cinnamon bookworm, no hardware acceleration?

Featured Replies

altho there is no warning in the corner any more youtube is a slideshow, or if i am missing something please tell me what or how to enable it.

 

Hopefully someone can shed some light, from what I can trace the old panfork drivers for the G610 GPU are merged in freedesktop mesa (so assume should be present in current system) but neither chromium, mpv or vlc seems to be able to use the driver so not sure what is missing...

Seeing the same thing here. This is what I get from mpv.

 

mpv GlacierSunrise.mp4
 (+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1920x1080 29.970fps)
 (+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=eng (*) (aac 2ch 44100Hz)
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
[vo/gpu/opengl] Suspected software renderer or indirect context.
[vo/gpu] VT_GETMODE failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
[vo/gpu/opengl] Failed to set up VT switcher. Terminal switching will be unavailable.
[vo/gpu] Failed to create GBM surface.
[vo/gpu] Failed to setup GBM.
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
[vo/gpu-next/opengl] Suspected software renderer or indirect context.
[vo/gpu-next] Can't handle VT release - signal already used
[vo/gpu-next/opengl] Failed to set up VT switcher. Terminal switching will be unavailable.
[vo/gpu-next] Failed to create GBM surface.
[vo/gpu-next] Failed to setup GBM.
[vo/vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
[vo/xv] No Xvideo support found.
[vo/sdl] Using opengl
[vo/sdl] Warning: this legacy VO has bad performance. Consider fixing your graphics drivers, or not forcing the sdl VO.

 

 

1 minute ago, Werner said:

I think halfway proper hw acceleration is only possible with Jammy gnome legacy and the ppa's mentioned at the download page installed. The reason is the gnome version comes with wayland which the additional drivers work with.

From what I can see wayland is enabled by default in bookworm and there are mesa driver packages... Wondering if there are permissions missing or if the video acceleration requires the new 6.x kernel? Could anyone comfirm?

I don't think that Mesa has support for it but you could build it yourself:

https://gitlab.com/panfork/mesa

 

For video acceleration you'll need to compile/install mpp

https://github.com/rockchip-linux/mpp

 

FFmpeg with rkmpp support decoding/encoding 

https://github.com/hbiyik/FFmpeg/

 

For Chromium you could find some info here, but I've never done this:

https://github.com/JeffyCN/libv4l-rkmpp

 

With a bit of luck it won't take very long to get working mainline drivers.

https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/news-and-events/pancsf-a-new-drm-driver-for-mali-csf-based-gpus.html

Edited by royk

Arg... I can see the panfork module loaded in this distrib but I did not imagine all these other components were missing...

 

Can't figure out how releases are figured out for armbian, but feels like an updated version of jammy would have been easier to handle for the common user. For video playback, I guess skip this release? I can in other threads that ppl have been able to get acceleration on the new 6.x kernel in experimental builds...

 

I need to re-install... Should I go with Orange PI official image or is it worth configuring the new nighly with 6.5 kernel?

Edited by OttawaHacker

It depends on what you are using it for. The best experience for me is Armbian Jammy with the software installed from amazingfate's repository. I'm using it daily, it's not perfect, but I'm amazed how much I use it instead of my pc. Especially with box64/Wine64.

 

The acceleration was with the kernel of Googulator? That one is not updated for months and very hacky. 

 

For the 6.5 kernel you can look here what had made it to the mainline kernel:

https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardware-enablement/rockchip-3588/notes-for-rockchip-3588/-/blob/main/mainline-status.md

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.