Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

network bridge: ethernet to wifi (not a wifi hotspot)

Featured Replies

my box is a H96 pro plus TV box, installed Armbian 23.08.0-trunk Lunar.

was working well stand alone, had ethernet and wifi, I decided make use of this box as a network-bridge

I wanted to connect a 3d printer that only has ethernet to wifi, just to transfer files.

 

so finding instructions on this (reverse network bridge?)  was difficult, some say's it can't be done, found one person said he just did it but was for a rpi I think using dhcpcd. 

but anyways when I installed dhcpcd it removed nmcli and now my wifi is disconnected and ethernet is no longer listed.

still messing with it to see if I can get it back, but I attached the script he gave me that supposedly worked for dhcpcd, if anyone wants to check it out.

is there a way to do it with  nmcli? (network-manager)

has anyone done a network bridge to connect a ethernet device to wifi? 

bridge.sh

So you want to link your box to the printer with ethernet and give the printer wifi? This is easy with a wifi-repeater-bridge but you want your box to do that.

 

If you can give the printer an static IP and gateway I think you can do. Just asiggn static IPs to all the adapters within your router's IP. For exemple:

 

Router IP 192.168.1.1

Printer IP 192.168.1.50

Printer Gateway 192.168.1.52

Box IP 192.168.1.51

Box Gateway 192.168.1.52

Wifi IP 192.168.1.52

 

Also you can bridge adapters like this https://www.baeldung.com/linux/bridging-network-interfaces

 

 

  • Author

glad to hear it is simple.  

right now I have to figure out how to get nmcli back on ,   dhcpcd removed it and does not have internet connection, it is connected and has a IP address on both wlan0 and eth0 but no internet to install network-manager.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.