Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Install to vim3 without krescue?

Featured Replies

I was going to install armbian on a new vim 3 board but it seems that krescue no longer exists. 

 

Is there another way to install armbian to a vim 3?   Does the vim 4 have the same problem? 

  • Author

I had tried, but when it didnt work  I read the directions for the board which say to get krescue still.  

 

I still have manjaro running on my other board from june.  So i never did get armbian on my other vim3. 

  • Author

I just did find a krecovery image and booted into that. Flashing armbian again to another sdcard, the image seems fine. Ill try manjaro next. Id rather have armbian. 

  • Author

Ive tried both armbian downloads, and the original manjaro.  None do anything. 

I end up in android only the krecover 

Image has actually booted from sd. 

 

Im doing something wrong but i dont know what. 

  • Author

I should report that I successfully installed bookworm on the vim3 pro by wiping emmc and spi with my old version of krescue. 

I still have no answer without krescue. 

 

I installed minimal, then xorg and xmonad. 

No dm or desktop. 

 

It seems stable, but with xorg it only runs a while before there is a run away process and it locks up and overheats. It could be anything, but i run a barebones xmonad, emacs setup.   Still running on sdcard. 

Fully updated. 

The link to the krescue image on Armbian's Khadas-VIM3 page does not work (anymore). It needs to be replaced with https://dl.khadas.com/firmware/Krescue/dump/ (note the lower-case f in "/firmware/"). Confusingly, other firmware images are still available below https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware with upper-case F.

 

To prevent the image from getting lost again, I've asked the internet archive to archive the latest krescue sd card image for VIM3: https://web.archive.org/web/20240426161033/https://dl.khadas.com/firmware/Krescue/system/versions/VIM3.krescue.sd.220110_266.img.gz

  • Author

Yes. I have krescue. It still hasn't worked. 

I have a vim3 from a year ago that I have manjaro booting from sdcard.  I'd like it to be armbian, but havent managed to get an armbian sdcard to boot in it. 

 

Its my only working vim3.  I bought a Vim4 recently. But it was DOA.  Now I'm travelling and have no recourse but to keep using manjaro which Kind-of sucks. 

I left the android only vim3 at home. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.