Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Khadas VIM3 / VIM3L

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Here the workaround to get a "gdm" login screen: root@ password: _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_| v25.11.2 for Khadas VIM3 running Armbian Linux 6.12.58-current-meson64 Performance: Load: 25% Uptime: 4 minutes Local users: 3 Memory usage: 8% of 3.68G CPU temp: 38°C Usage of /: 11% of 58G RX today: 920 MiB Tips: Armbian config utility https://tinyurl.com/yc3…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  2. Started by Yasir,

    Latest armbian firmwares fail to boot on vim3 and graphical desktop do not start. As a workaround I installed old armbian image from August 2024 which booted and worked fine but sudo apt upgrade installed new firmware and it fails to boot to desktop again. Fails on all images Xfce and gnome available on website.

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  3. Hello! I have installed on Armbian 24.8.1 noble (ubuntu 24.04) . Also I have enabled "UARTa" , "UARTc" in armbian-config utility. In /boot/armbianEnv.txt file: overlays=uartA uartC for enable UART port. There are many files /dev/ttyS[0-7] exists. After this I try connected to this ports, but no success (minicom -D /dev/ttySx). Python sripts with pyserial module output: "i/o error". The same problem I have noticed with previous versions of Armbian. I have checked on other distributive (Khadas version of ubuntu server) the uart port is worked fine. Does Armbia…

  4. Started by Sphe,

    Hi, I am new to Armbian, and I don't know how to control VIM3's GPIOs. Can someone help me please? I have Armbian bookworm 24.5.1, kernel 6.6.32-current-meson. Thank you!

  5. I've spent the entire morning trying to boot armbian on a vim 3 basic. It won't boot from sdcard. I erased the emmc with krescue, no change except now it doesn't boot anything, except the krescue sdcard. I put the armbian image on a USB stick and tried to flash it to emmc With krescue but krescue says it's an invalid vim 3 image. I verified the Sha and I also tried using the extracted dot img file. Which isn't recognized by krescue. How do I boot an sdcard or flash the emmc When none of these things work? The only thing that boots now is the krescue sdcard. What am I doing incorrectly? What else can I try?

  6. Started by Erica,

    I was going to install armbian on a new vim 3 board but it seems that krescue no longer exists. Is there another way to install armbian to a vim 3? Does the vim 4 have the same problem?

  7. Started by Rond,

    I'd like to use GPU OpenCL acceleration (afaik OpenCL on NPU isn't supported at all for now?) on headless armbian and I'm getting "No devices found in platform" in clinfo. Could you clarify whether armbian has support for this and I'm missing something (kernel flags? userspace driver? some kinda nonfree blob?), or there's no support and I should move onto another distro? Thanks

  8. Hi, I just wanted to report how I got Armbian 23.8.1 working on my Khadas VIM3 Pro board. It was not an out-of-the-box success story, but after a few nights of debugging, I found the cause and fix of the issue. Hopefully this post will save debugging time of somebody else and maybe this can be fixed in future Armbian releases. The issue is as follows: After flashing the Armbian 23.8.1 image to the VIM3's internal EMMC storage, the SBC boots fine initially. I walk through the setup-process of users/passwords/network/locale, etc... After the set-up completes, I reboot the SBC. It starts booting as usual, but when X.org starts, my …

  9. Hello! I have installed Armbian Bookworm on Khadas VIM3. Also I have enabled "UARTa" , "UARTc" in armbian-config utility. After reboot in file /boot/armbienEnv.txt I have checked options about uart (uarc). Also there are many files /dev/ttyS[0-7] exists. After this I try to connect "minicom -D /dev/ttyS0" (ttyS0, S1, and S3 etc). But no answer from my device on pins 15,16 OR 18,19 (this is a UARTA,UARTC, UART linux). Python sripts pyserial output: "i/o error". Does Armbian (Bookworm or Jammy) supports Khadas VIM3 UART? Are there successful cases? One more question: On Ubuntu Server files …

  10. Hello folks. I am thinking about getting a VIM3 or VIM4 as a PC for computation purposes. I think Monero mining shows the limit of a combination of memory + cpu. The higher the more performant the combination of memory + cpu is. My choice is currently between a board like VIM3 or VIM4 or a desktop i5 9th gen. I will be thankful if an owner can xmrig monero mining software to do a benchmark. So to do the benchmark one should: - Download xmrig - Run a benchmark and submit it: https://xmrig.com/docs/miner/benchmark The benchmark will be available in the benchmarks page in xmrig website. Note that there should be enough f…

  11. Started by NicoD,

    Hi guys. I'm the maintainer for the Khadas VIM3. There are 2 small issue's with the Armbian images for VIM3, and also for VIM2. armbianmonitor -u http://ix.io/46L9 First off, the VIM3 has all its cores clocked to 1.5Ghz by default. I created a Jira for that a while ago. https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1094 My simple fix is in /etc/default/cpufrequtils MAX_SPEED=15xxxxxxx → MAX_SPEED=2400000 But I have no idea how/where to adjust this so it is correct for all VIM3 images. Then for VIM2 and VIM3 (maybe VIM3L and VIM1 too) the HDMI audio isn't working as it should. https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-1095 I once was…

  12. Hello, is it possible to add support for TS050 original LCD touchscreen in Armbian? How I can check tochscreen, is there any CLI tools? Thank you in advance.

  13. I was trying Jammy (autobuild) with kerenl 5.15.18 on Khadas Vim3 4GB RAM, but is does not start, no HDMI output, no LED activity. Then I tried Hirsute with kerenl 5.13 and that boots fine, but after update new kernel (5.15) and also u-boot is installed and then it does not start again. My solution for now is to boot Hirsute with 5.13 and replace all edge packages with current (linux-dtb-current-meson64, linux-image-current-meson64, and linux-u-boot-khadas-vim3-current). This downgrades the kernel to 5.10.81, but the board can be updated and boots fine.

  14. Started by gkkpch,

    Hi, We're swapping the Khadas Fenix 4.9 and uboot v2015-01?? for the Armbian 5.10.y and corresponding mainline u-boot. In the "legacy" version we were able to use the u-boot script (then a dedicated boot.ini) for setting a gpio pin low like this gpio clear GPIOH_4 Unfortunately Armbian's mainline u-boot version does not recognize GPIOH_4 as a valid gpio pin name. Anyone able to help? Did the naming change? Gé

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3k views
  15. Started by enote,

    Hi guys! Image from that link http://imola.armbian.com/dl/khadas-vim3l/archive/Armbian_22.05.1_Khadas-vim3l_jammy_edge_5.17.5_xfce_desktop.img.xz is about 352 Mb. When Im unzip it - 7zip give me error. http://imola.armbian.com/dl/khadas-vim3l/archive/Armbian_22.05.1_Khadas-vim3l_focal_current_5.10.110_xfce_desktop.img.xz - same problem. By the way I have some problem with building image by myself, some time it gives me complete with success, but image is broken too. I think so because first boot take loooooong time with no set root pwd, only rounding circle and second boot don't give me to set root pass and other credentials. So if it possible, could you test that …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.