Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banana Pi M3 crashes if ETH plugged

Featured Replies

I've no problem using my Banana Pi with a wifi connection.

But if I plug it on my router with a ethernet cable it crashs after a short time.

Should I upload the output of armbianmonitor when ETH is plugged?
Because it will take me a few tries, to do that.

Solved by bahtiyar57

4 часа назад, bahtiyar57 сказал:

I've no problem using my Banana Pi with a wifi connection.

But if I plug it on my router with a ethernet cable it crashs after a short time.

Boot the system in the case when it is stable, i.e. with wi-fi.
Look at the system logs and post the one when the Ethernet connection failed.

16 часов назад, bahtiyar57 сказал:

I've no problem using my Banana Pi with a wifi connection.

I have a question. If it works well, why switch to another interface (Ethernet)?

 

This device does not have a battery-powered clock and it requires the Internet

to get an accurate time stamp from the time server and set the SOC's internal clock in real time.

 

You have disabled WI-FI and connected Ethernet.
Do the settings in the connection management system look correct now?
Is the network cable working?
Does the banana receive the DHCP settings from the router?

Did the router have Internet access at the time of banana connection?


You didn't write anything about it.

Just for reference.

There has been a strong magnetic storm on our planet for the last two days.

My Internet went down several times for one hour or more.

  • Author

I want to switch to Ethernet because its faster.

 

The Ethernet Connection don't fails. It will connect. And I can connect via SSH. But after a short time the Board shuts down.

33 минуты назад, bahtiyar57 сказал:

But after a short time the Board shuts down.

If you downloaded a banana from the SD card and a failure occurred,

simply turn off the device, take out the SD card and connect it to a Linux computer via the adapter.

Find the latest system logs and review them.

@bahtiyar57

18 часов назад, bahtiyar57 сказал:

Or can you help me to use it without destroying anything?

 

22 часа назад, Werner сказал:

Better method would probably be using debug serial console to grab the output while the crash happens.

https://debug.armbian.de

 



_________________                     FTDI232
  BPI            |               _________________
                 |               |        3.3v    |_____ ____
  UART      GND o|---------------|o GND  o|       |    ||    |                | Linux
            TX  o|---------------|o RX   o|       | USB||    |====USB cable===| console
            RX  o|---------------|o TX   o        |____||____|                | "minicom"
_________________|               |________5v______|

o| 3.3v

o|

This is the jumper on the device.
I use this scheme. Everyone uses this scheme. It's safe.

  • Author

Thank you. I undestand that. What I have to do after I plugged the serial console in.
I know I have to use Putty in Windows and configure the seria line to 115200.

And then?

 

EDIT:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's a voltage problem.

Edited by bahtiyar57

  • Author

This is very complicated for me. Because I don't know how I have to do it exactly?
I used a time a very old Easy-Box 802. And with this it didn't crashed.

With my FritzBox 7490 and 7520 it will crash.

Know I will try to disable EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) on my Router.

I read that some peolpe had problems with this. But they diabled it with adding:

dtparam=eee=off

to /boot/config.txt

Or by running this command:

ethtool --set-eee eth0 eee off

 

  • Author
  • Solution

Disabling EEE on my router settings solved the problem.

 

 

EDIT:

Is there an option to disable EEE directly from Armbain?

Edited by bahtiyar57

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.