Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Le Potato Reboots on shutdown command

Featured Replies

I've tried shutdown -h now, poweroff, shutdown -h, all results in a reboot instead of shutdown.  I've searched and haven't found a solution, just other people with the same problem.  I'm running "Armbian_24.2.1_Lepotato_bookworm_current_6.6.16_cinnamon_desktop.img", has anyone found a solution to this problem?  I tried raspbian on the le potato and that will shut down but gives me other issues when installing openhabian.  Armbian just seems to work otherwise but I'd like a clean way to shutdown when needed so I don't risk corrupting my sd card.

Solved by WynnStussy

  • Solution

This is not an Armbian issue, it's a Le Potato problem and pretty much every single image and distro for this board would do this. Even Libre's images would reset endlessly until they fixed it in newer images, I think sometime last year. CoreELEC is the only OS that would shutdown correctly, EmuELEC worked properly too but that's because it's built from CoreELEC. I was told it's because they use the vendor SDK rather than standard Linux.

 

The proper command is "sudo shutdown -H now". Libre's solution is to flash the Libre bootloader onto your sd card/emmc overwriting the original bootloader. I can confirm that I did get proper shutdowns when I did this to an old Armbian Focal image I used a while back. It also worked with Batocera and Libre's older releases as well. You can do this with the Libre Computer Flash Tool here https://github.com/libre-computer-project/libretech-flash-tool if you find it annoying.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.