October 18, 20241 yr @E O Bernardini From the first page opening post is https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk322x/armbian/stable/ you find the last Jocks builds.
October 18, 20241 yr @jock After playing with kernel video parameters, I got the boot screen working at 480p, but now the greeting screen is what fails for no reason, since it changes resolution once it starts. Maybe it has to do with hdmi-hotplug...
October 27, 20241 yr Hi guys, looks like I need a help. I got a perfect TV Box from Aliexpress few day ago: Promised/reality 4K/720p Android 11/ Android 7 double band wifi / 2,4Ghz only RK3229/RK3228 RAM 4GB/1GB FLASH 16GB/4GB I hope to have a good and inexpensive alternative for Raspberry Pi CPU RK3228a eMCP 08EMCP08-EL3BT227 (8GB eMMC TLC NAND + 8Gb LPDDR3 x32 1600 Micron) 221-ball FBGA wifi iCOMM sv6158 wifi I am trying to get Armbian working. From eMMC is doesn't work, problem is eMMC related. From SD it works perfectly and very slow. But eMMC is not visible. Do you know, what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance! Скрытый текст DDR Version V1.11 20200910_dbg In ID:0xFFF 333MHz LPDDR3 Bus Width=32 Col=10 Bank=8 Row=14 CS=2 Die Bus-Width=32 Size=1024MB mach:14 OUT U-Boot SPL 2022.04-armbian (Mar 25 2024 - 17:17:14 +0000) Trying to boot from MMC2 INF [0x0] TEE-CORE:init_primary_helper:377: Initializing (1.1.0-333-gc9d95d1 #2 2018<0xe5><0xb9><0xb4> 08<0xe6><0x9c><0x88> 17<0xe6><0x97><0xa5> <0xe6><0x98><0x9f><0xe6><0x9c><0x9f><0xe4><0xba><0x94> 03:32:22 UTC arm) INF [0x0] TEE-CORE:init_primary_helper:378: Release version: 2.0 INF [0x0] TEE-CORE:init_primary_helper:379: Next entry point address: 0x61000000 INF [0x0] TEE-CORE:init_teecore:83: teecore inits done U-Boot 2022.04-armbian (Mar 25 2024 - 17:17:14 +0000) Model: Generic Rockchip rk322x TV Box board DRAM: 1010 MiB Core: 98 devices, 19 uclasses, devicetree: separate MMC: dwmmc@30000000: 1, dwmmc@30020000: 0 Loading Environment from EXT4... ** File not found /boot/boot.env ** ** Unable to read "/boot/boot.env" from mmc0:1 ** In: serial@11030000 Out: serial@11030000 Err: serial@11030000 Model: Generic Rockchip rk322x TV Box board Net: eth0: ethernet@30200000 starting USB... Bus usb@30040000: USB DWC2 Bus usb@30080000: USB EHCI 1.00 Bus usb@300c0000: USB EHCI 1.00 Bus usb@30100000: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus usb@30040000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning bus usb@30080000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning bus usb@300c0000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning bus usb@30100000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found Hit any key to stop autoboot: 1 <0x08><0x08><0x08> 0 Card did not respond to voltage select! : -110 Device 0: unknown device switch to partitions #0, OK mmc0(part 0) is current device Scanning mmc 0:1... Found U-Boot script /boot/boot.scr 3184 bytes read in 3 ms (1 MiB/s) ## Executing script at 60000000 gpio: pin D25 (gpio 121) value is 1 Boot script loaded from mmc 0 165 bytes read in 3 ms (53.7 KiB/s) 9590465 bytes read in 215 ms (42.5 MiB/s) 9838504 bytes read in 222 ms (42.3 MiB/s) 44422 bytes read in 6 ms (7.1 MiB/s) 232 bytes read in 5 ms (44.9 KiB/s) Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (rk322x-fixup.scr) ## Executing script at 600f0000 Kernel image @ 0x62000000 [ 0x000000 - 0x961fa8 ] ## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 64000000 ... Image Name: uInitrd Image Type: ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 9590401 Bytes = 9.1 MiB Load Address: 00000000 Entry Point: 00000000 Verifying Checksum ... OK ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 61f00000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x61f00000 EHCI failed to shut down host controller. EHCI failed to shut down host controller. Using Device Tree in place at 61f00000, end 61f73fff Starting kernel ...
October 28, 20241 yr Looks like problem is related to the newest versions, Armbian_22.02.0-trunk_Rk322x-box_focal_legacy_4.4.194_xfce_desktop.img.xz works fine. But wifi doesn't work (sv6158). Edited October 28, 20241 yr by Vladimir Trondin
October 28, 20241 yr @Vladimir Trondin Thank you for such detailled Infos, photos and logs I doubt sv6158 Will ever work due lack of driver 's sources but sure @jock Will answer about it
October 28, 20241 yr Цитата I doubt sv6158 Will ever work It isn't very big problem, USB dongle Ralink MT7601U works fine.
October 28, 20241 yr Author Hello @Vladimir Trondin, as @fabiobassa already pointed out, there is no driver for ssv6158. Doing some research, it seems that it may use the ssv6x5x driver, but it would require adaptation, plenty of time, plenty of patience and you would not be sure if it will finally work. About the eMMC of your board, it would be handy to get the output of dmesg command, but in the meantime you could do some experimentation with the emmc parameters in rk322x-config withing this page: In particular, try to enable emmc-pins and emmc-ddr-ph45 or emmc-ddr-ph180 or emmc-hs200 (these last three are alternative, only one should be enabled) and see if your emmc gets detected after a reboot. Also your board r3229q is not listed within the led-conf options, but I see some similarities with r329q board (led-conf2) MXQPRO_V72 (led-conf6), so you may start trying with those ones, or stick with generic since your wifi is already detected despite being useless.
October 29, 20241 yr Sure, it is dmesg for very old version, with working eMMC. I totally broke system during playing with emmc configuration. After few hours it works again. Maybe I just have to live with old Linux. If something works - don't fix it. 😀
October 30, 20241 yr Unbrick rk3229 TV-box X96q: (processor marked as S905W, but actually is not, software detects it as rk3229) For unbrick power off, short this two resistors (upper contacts) with screwdriver, power on, red led will be bright - remove screwdriver. Unbricked, you can load from SD-card now.
November 2, 20241 yr I followed the instructions from the link https://forum.armbian.com/topic/34923-csc-armbian-for-rk322x-tv-box-boards/. However, after flashing with MultiTool, I can no longer boot my device from the SD card. I got to the step 'Wait for 10 seconds, then the LED should start blinking and HDMI will turn on,' but my device has literally become a brick. I have a USB connection ready to connect to my computer. I to try unbrick it, but I haven’t found the right pins to activate. Please help me I’ve tried everything and am feeling very desperate. Edited November 2, 20241 yr by Mr-TNT
November 3, 20241 yr @Mr-TNTplease can you send some picture of board , there are 2 boards with problem first wherer the right LED-Config has to been set with ssh after flash per LAN , the secound has a close bootloader which need a diffirent OPTEE area wich need to be flash seperatly overall normaly when sd-card boot work than later it should also boot from that , yyou can also flash armbian direct to sdcard and also try to boot from sdcard maybe as short term solution
November 10, 20241 yr On 11/3/2024 at 4:55 AM, Mr-TNT said: after flashing with MultiTool, I can no longer boot my device from the SD card. this is expected specially for eMMC models unfortunately. its still possible to boot multitool after the emmc install but you need to find out how to put the board to maskrom mode. If you have SD card inserted to the board and and you perform maskrom, it should boot to SD card.
November 10, 20241 yr Hello everyone, My setup is an MX9 4K with an RK3228B chip and eMMC memory. I think I may be missing a step. I’ve already flashed the image to the eMMC and received a successful completion message. However, when I restart the device, it doesn’t boot from the eMMC. If I put the SD card back in, it boots from the SD card normally. I’ve been looking into a solution using U-Boot, but I could use some help with this. U-boot boot order priority: first the sdcard, then the USB OTG port and eventually the internal eMMC; you can install u-boot (and the whole system) in the internal eMMC and u-boot will always check for images on external sdcard/USB first.
November 10, 20241 yr Author 15 hours ago, remlei said: this is expected specially for eMMC models unfortunately. No, this is not expected at all. Unless there is a problem that may freeze the board at boot (like the optee issue that is coming up recently), when armbian is installed, boot priority is given to sdcard, then eMMC. @Mr-TNT I guess you did not follow the instructions to first erase eMMC and test armbian on sdcard and later install into eMMC.
November 10, 20241 yr Author @Minoro Hamada Supposing you removed the sdcard from the slot, the only way to tell you what is happening is providing logs from the serial interface. You may have a broken/read only eMMC. Also you did not specify what image, what kernel, what board you have...
November 12, 20241 yr On 11/10/2024 at 11:51 PM, jock said: when armbian is installed, boot priority is given to sdcard, then eMMC. I wish this was the case but as soon as armbian is installed on emmc, any image in the community repo from github do not boot the SD card first, for it to boot to sd card, I need to short that maskrom to ground. but for some reason, the old images does actually what you said, it boots to sd card first before anything. Edited November 12, 20241 yr by remlei
November 13, 20241 yr Author On 11/12/2024 at 1:26 AM, remlei said: I wish this was the case but as soon as armbian is installed on emmc, any image in the community repo from github do not boot the SD card first, for it to boot to sd card, I need to short that maskrom to ground. It could be that it is not working anymore since I upgraded to 2024.04 u-boot and had to practically rebuild the configuration from scratch. This is indeed not intended and has to be considered as a regression.
November 13, 20241 yr @jockHi, thanks for the reply. I'm quite new to this, but from what I've researched, my board is an RK3229_MXQ_5G_BT V1.0. I've tried every single image from this link: https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk322x/armbian/stable/. As for the logs, I'll try to find them to provide more details. Edited November 13, 20241 yr by Minoro Hamada
December 5, 20241 yr hey guys, im new bricking rockchip devices... i "accidentally" flashed armbian for 3328 in my 3328a device because i was snitching the default rom it came and i saw it was a rom for 3328 devices... but now that i dissasemble it i see its 3228a... what a surprise 😛 does someone know something about this board and how to force maskrom?
December 7, 20241 yr ok i triggered maskrom with this now i need to know how to boot from the sd directly or flash the nand with the backup... i dont understand rkdeveloptool... done. i flashed idk, i think it was the u-boot and now i can boot multitool from sd. everything fine! motherboard is `TXCZ_R98S_V30` Edited December 7, 20241 yr by wanton beis
December 8, 20241 yr is there any guide to install armbian directly in the sd card without touching the nand (this device have emmc)? i want to keep the stock firmware in nand and use armbian in the sd card, the sd card is 32gb so i think the stock firmware can't resize to use all the space so i prefer armbian in the sd in the sd card i can boot multitool flashing it with suse studio image writer, but the armbian version that can boot installed in nand can't boot from the sd Edited December 8, 20241 yr by wanton beis
December 8, 20241 yr vor 6 Stunden schrieb wanton beis: there any guide to install armbian directly in the sd card without touching th like multitool burn it with image writer direkt the armbian.img to sd card and ok , after first boot it resize automatic to full card , like also multitool do
December 8, 20241 yr @wanton beis Your device is having eMMC and no nand flash. If flashing factors Android on the bootloader in the eMMC can only booting eMMC or old bootloaders from the sd-card like Multitool. If eMMC is empty the SOC is looking for one sc-card for bootloader and if you have written one new arbian image on it it shall finding it and booting OK and also can booting USB-flash from the sd-card (jump starting). Then writing Android or one old Linux on the eMMC it can only booinng from eMMC system or sd-card all with old system so need updating the bootloadre in the eMMC or erasing the eMMC for booting newer systems from the sd-card and gettig jump loading of USB-flash.
December 9, 20241 yr Armbian Noble V24.11.X base-files broken _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_| v24.8.4 for rk322x-box running Armbian Linux 6.6.63-current-rockchip Packages: Ubuntu stable (noble) Support: DIY (community maintained) Its up to date and the kernel and system is the 24.11.1 armbian-bsp-cli-rk322x-box-current is hold back then its depending on armbian-bsp-cli-rk322x-box-current : Depends: base-files (>= 24.11.1) but 24.8.4-13ubuntu10-noble is to be installed That is not existing for all 32 bits arm. apt list -a base-files Listing... Done base-files/noble,now 24.8.4-13ubuntu10-noble armhf [installed] base-files/noble 24.5.5-13ubuntu10-noble armhf base-files/noble 24.5.1-13ubuntu10-noble armhf base-files/noble 24.2.1-13ubuntu7-noble armhf base-files/noble-updates 13ubuntu10.1 armhf base-files/noble 13ubuntu10 armhf Technical its Ubuntu Noble V24.11.1 only the base-files is failing so the the welcome screen is writing wrong information and other programs that is reading it from the system
December 11, 20241 yr Hey is there any way to swap xfce for lubuntu or xubuntu and have a smoother desktop like the one at the picture? shared image (2).jfif
December 11, 20241 yr 3 hours ago, Tavares R said: and have a smoother desktop You already have best possible desktop on this hardware. Simple and fast XFCE. Changing desktop environment won't make any vivid difference. https://docs.armbian.com/#key-advantages XUbuntu is more or less identical to Armbian Ubuntu with XFCE subtracted for some Canonical proprietary stuff. LXDE vs. XFCE ... not worth the troubles maintaining yet another desktop. Difference is too small. We only keep XFCE, Gnome, Cinnamon and KDE Neon in good shape. The rest waits for enthusiast https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/main/config/desktop and you can always start with a minimal CLI image and build on top any desktop you want.
December 13, 20241 yr I need help with my Mx9. I followed the installation steps correctly, but no matter what image I flash on the eMMC, it refuses to boot Armbian. When I start the Box, a yellow light starts flashing after 10-12 seconds, but nothing appears on the screen even if I leave it on for longer. It also won't boot if I flash an Armbian image onto an SD card and try to boot from there. Here are some pictures of the board:
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.