August 3, 20251 yr this device has only usb2.0 , also when usb3.0 connector only usb2.0 pinout . also lan is most only 100mbit still with 1gbit label , the interface by chip only 100mbit so 11MB/s are in spec
August 4, 20251 yr 6 hours ago, lebestnoob said: I'm using an ext4 formatted 1TB drive, connected with a usb 3.0 ASMedia SATA controller. The drive reads and writes faster on other machines connected with the same adapter, so I'm confident it's not the hard drive or adapter. I also tried using BTRFS on the drive and it provides similar results. Now that I'm thinking about it, could it be the uas driver? I'll have to experiment with that. its probably just your client side OS. try using the "use sendfile = yes" option on your smb.conf and see if theres performance improvement. else, try using the legacy image (if your board is old enough to support it) as that one im using. Edited August 4, 20251 yr by remlei
August 5, 20251 yr Hello, I really messed up, flashed on eMMC a rk3399 armbian image on my rk322x and now the LED is just blue with a hint of red, tried to short the eMMC 7-8th pins/reset button+usb but nothing. The device doesn't boot form sd card either, neither multitool nor any flashed image, just stuck on blue LED. I really don't know what to do. Edited August 5, 20251 yr by BernardoT
August 5, 20251 yr vor 1 Stunde schrieb BernardoT: flashed on eMMC a rk3399 armbian that because this is the wrong thread , here we are at Rk322x ,also our multitool are the wrong one , maybe multitool for rk33xx helps
August 5, 20251 yr 25 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said: that because this is the wrong thread , here we are at Rk322x ,also our multitool are the wrong one , maybe multitool for rk33xx helps Edited my post for clarification, I've flashed a 3399 image on my 322x
August 6, 20251 yr Author Hello 18 hours ago, BernardoT said: Hello, I really messed up, flashed on eMMC a rk3399 armbian image on my rk322x and now the LED is just blue with a hint of red, tried to short the eMMC 7-8th pins/reset button+usb but nothing. Then you're doing it wrong. Bypassing the eMMC shorting the CLK pin to ground will definitely force the boot from sdcard, or fall into maskrom mode if no sdcard is in the slot. I wonder what debug info is prompted on the serial port (if any) and if the device is recognize if you connect the OTG USB port to a PC with a male-to-male cable
August 6, 20251 yr 19 minutes ago, jock said: Then you're doing it wrong I've made it! I hard to press really hard on the pins to make it work. Thank you. Edited August 6, 20251 yr by BernardoT
September 2, 20251 yr Hello, I am new to arm board, I had this android tv stick called S moon mx10 5G, it have rk322x cpu, 2GB Ram, and ap6330 wifi chip. I tried armbian on this device but wifi chip was not detected, I tried using "rockchip-rk3318-box-wlan-ap6330.dtbo" as user_overlays, but still not working, could anyone tell me how to make this wifi chip working on rk322x armbian?. I attached some files for information: dmesg.txt s_moon_mx10_5g.dts Edited September 2, 20251 yr by tofamus30
September 6, 20251 yr Try different LED-config then its also changing the hardware for the SD-Card interfaces = WiFi module but prepare that it can ending with not booteball system.
September 6, 20251 yr Thank you for the advice @MattWestB, But I already tried all available LED-config options, booting fine, but none working
September 6, 20251 yr @tofamus30 You said box Is 322x You said wifi Is 6330 But then you tried dtbo from 3318 board Not sure if is gonna work
September 6, 20251 yr @fabiobassa Not work, I did wrongly or something. The rk322x image didn't have this ap6330 dtb overlay, so I pull it from another armbian image
September 12, 20251 yr Problem with the multitool I'm trying to burn the multitool into the micro sd, but every time I try the disk go unallocated, can someone help me??
September 12, 20251 yr vor 5 Stunden schrieb maça dev: go unallocated wich OS system Windows balenaEtcher, linux "dd" , do you perform checksum
September 12, 20251 yr @maça dev Try extract multitool.img.xz first, after that, burn multitool.img using balenaEtcher, dd, or any other burning tool
September 15, 20251 yr @hexdump hey mate , do you know if new armbian image still uses an offset of 8192 sector ? i'm trying the workaround you proveded in first page for linux hanging excatly after 60 seconds , but it only worked with multitool.img . with new armbian images it doesn't even boot after applying the trick 🙁 thanks
September 16, 20251 yr Author 15 hours ago, sam6o9 said: @hexdump hey mate , do you know if new armbian image still uses an offset of 8192 sector ? i'm trying the workaround you proveded in first page for linux hanging excatly after 60 seconds , but it only worked with multitool.img . with new armbian images it doesn't even boot after applying the trick 🙁 rk322x armbian images never used the offset of 8192 sectors, only the multitool has such offset to increase compatibility with stock images
September 16, 20251 yr @jock well thanks but I already figured that part out 😊 my problem right now is that i can't find a single distro that works with my box . almost every one (even multitool) goes to a black screen and freezes excatly after 60 seconds . the best thing i could find was a android rom that have the same problem but in excatly 30 minute after booting up ! i did this stupid thing that did not backed up my original rom before writing to internal emcp flash 🤦♂️ if i can find any version that doesn't have this problem , i know how to merge armbian rootfs with it ! thank you again !
September 22, 20251 yr Hi @jock, Thanks a lot for your work on these RK322x boards. I have an MXQ Pro (RK3229, 2GB RAM / 16GB eMMC). I was able to boot Multitool from SD and successfully create a backup of the eMMC. However, when I burn an Armbian image to flash, the box doesn’t boot—LED blinks, but nothing shows up on HDMI. I’ve tried a few different images with the same result. Could you please guide me on how to debug this?
September 22, 20251 yr Author 7 hours ago, Kiranmoy Saha said: Could you please guide me on how to debug this? Open the box, read the silkscreen on the board, run rk322x-config and configure according to silkscreen name. Probably you have a r29/h20 board
September 23, 20251 yr 19 hours ago, jock said: run rk322x-config and configure according to silkscreen name Hi @jock, Thanks for the quick response. I’ve opened the box and attached the board images. On the back it says R29-MXQ-V2.1-221#. Sorry if I’m missing something—I’m a beginner. I thought rk322x-config runs only after Armbian boots. In my case, after flashing the image to eMMC and removing the SD, the box just blinks LED with no HDMI output. Only Multitool runs fine from SD. How can I run rk322x-config in this situation? Thanks again.
September 23, 20251 yr @Kiranmoy Saha I guess you have a box with NAND , not emmc You must use an old image that supports nand , typiclly kernel 4.4.xxx and follow 1st post jump start on nand Any newer kernel doesn't have nand support
September 23, 20251 yr 44 minutes ago, fabiobassa said: I guess you have a box with NAND , not emmc Hi @fabiobassa Thanks for your input. I believe this board has eMMC only—the storage chip is KLMAG1JENB-B041 (image attached, RAM visible too). Multitool also confirms eMMC when attempting to burn an image. Interestingly, CPU-Z shows Rockchip 3066 logo, while ADB reports RK3229. I trusted the ADB output more, and seeing Multitool running, I believe it’s an RK3229 only. I haven’t removed the heatsink yet to verify physically. I am attaching hardware report that i could extract using adb. Any idea why Multitool runs fine but no Armbian image boots? I’ve tried 2024 Ubuntu/Debian builds and a latest self-compiled Armbian image using Armbian Build, tried both flashing to eMMC and run from SD, including using the hidden button, nothing works—LED blinks, but no HDMI output. I really want to run linux on this Again thanks for all your contribution in the thread. Edit1- Attaching Multitool Dmesg too, if it helps. rk3229_hardware_profile.txt dmesg.multitool.log Edited September 23, 20251 yr by Kiranmoy Saha Attached Multitool dmesg
September 23, 20251 yr Author 4 hours ago, Kiranmoy Saha said: How can I run rk322x-config in this situation? login via ssh
September 23, 20251 yr 3 hours ago, jock said: login via ssh Hi @jock, Thanks for suggestion, led me to dig down and found your update on R29 GPIO. Since multitool hdmi was working, I used it's bash to mount emmc and add overlays=led-config7 to armbianEnv.txt. It worked!!!! Thanks a lot for all your contribution!
October 14, 2025Oct 14 can someone please reupload the legacy images, all links aside from the armbian community github page returns a 404
October 15, 2025Oct 15 @remlei I'did uploading this imagem, is minimal, i hope help you! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1esroAyxq2D2kJ5XPB2_pofQ473B-h1_S/view
October 18, 2025Oct 18 Hey! So, when i enter the multitool link it says 404 not found... Is there any new link or smth?
October 22, 2025Oct 22 @lowscore I'did uploading for you! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kgyjLl0JXTwFfWfplOKuQY3vLv_KtYlr/view?usp=sharing
October 23, 2025Oct 23 Hi! I dont know if anyone else mentioned this here but here is my issue: My RK3229 boots into armbian fine but after like 60sec the screen turns black and both blue LED stays on. Is there a fix for this?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.