March 6, 20242 yr I'm trying to update python on my armbian bookworm to 3.12 but I cannot find any packages for bookworm. I regret not going with the ubuntu one now 😕 because that one has the deadsnake packages. Any known alternatives? (beside compiling your own packages)
March 6, 20242 yr Either from source as already suggested or some hacking: Â https://wiki.debian.org/CreatePackageFromPPA https://launchpad.net/~deadsnakes/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
March 6, 20242 yr Author Solution I ended up doing source install... had to redo it couple times to include ncurses and sqlite. Followed these guides How to Compile and Install Python 3.12 / 3.10 in Debian 11 / 12 - FOSTips How To Install Python 3.12 on Ubuntu, Debian, & LinuxMint (tecadmin.net)
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.