Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Installing Armbian on Odroid HC4

Featured Replies

Hello,
I just received my new Odroid HC4 and wanted to install Armbian on it.

I downloaded and decided to use the following image:
Armbian_24.2.1_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_6.1.77.img

I used two ways to flash the SD card
- Balnea echter
and also
- sudo dd if=Armbian_24.2.1_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_6.1.77.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

As recommended to bypass the bootloader petitboot I followed the recommended procedure:
**********************************************************************
Bootloader Bypass Method

This is now the preferred method. It is easier, and be performed
without
a display via SSH

Install an SD Card with a fresh Armbian image
Flip device upside down
With a tool, press and hold down the black button.
Continue holding button and plug in power to device
Login to console or SSH and perform follow normal setup procedures
Verify system can access SPI FLASH device and Erase
Reboot

odroidhc4:~:# ls -ltr /dev/mtd*
crw------- 1 root root 90, 0 Nov 6 21:38 /dev/mtd0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 31, 0 Nov 6 21:38 /dev/mtdblock0
crw------- 1 root root 90, 1 Nov 6 21:38 /dev/mtd0ro
odroidhc4:~:# flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0
Erasing 4 Kibyte @ fff000 -- 100 % complete
odroidhc4:~:#
**********************************************************************
I could find the IP which was 192.168.1.80

But I see no open port using nmap even not the port 22, so I can not get into the system to use ssh for removing "petitboot"
Unfortunately I have neither a display nor a keyboard so I can not really see what happens.
I could not find any information on how long the black button must be hold so I tried few second up to more or less a minute with always the same result.
I'm not sure that the system boots from the SD cad when I press the button.

Any help or information what to do ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.