Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi 5B bootfs Armbian on eMMC

Featured Replies

I apologize in advance if I wrote to the wrong branch. Dear community, a question about OrangePi 5B (board without SPI-flash!).  There is only an eMMC on the device.  The computer is successfully running on the OS from the Orangepi website, recorded both on the SD card (Baleno Ether) and with eMMC (MaskROM+RKdevtool). At the same time, I see the devices themselves and their partitions, SD card and/or eMMC.  The Armbian OS for OrangePi 5/5B/5 Plus (CLI or GUI) written to the SD card loads and works, BUT disk commands DO NOT SEE eMMC, only SD card partitions. In Armbian-config, there is only the Insatall/Update bootloader on SD/eMMC item, which does not change anything. If you write Armbian images to eMMC (MaskROM+RKdevtool), they are successfully recorded, but at startup, no further initramfs loading occurs. If I try to boot from the UEFI-boot (EDK II) located on the SD card, then a cyclic reboot occurs, and when I enter the UEFI-menu, I cannot save the changed settings. As far as I understand, I need to place bootfs of third-party OS on eMMC. Actually, this is the question - how to do it? Ideally, I wanted not to touch eMMC at all, but to boot from a USB HDD/SATA/Flash drive, but this is the second question that cannot be solved without the first one.))) To all those who answered, thank you in advance!)))

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.