Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

panfrost spams dmesg

Featured Replies

Hello all,

 

I noticed that since recently (TM) I got loads of spam from panfrost in my dmesg output:

image.thumb.png.42dfc3058ec4d471d8f21d8a5d0d738b.png

 

I understand that this has something todo with graphics.
The only "graphic" thing I'm doing is running standard Klipper-Screen through HDMI and this seems to be working as always...

 


It definately wasn't there like half a year ago.

 

can I get rid of it? Is it something to worry about?

 

my armbian is running on a Banana-Pi CM4 module of of the eMMC. It's a rather standard installation with Klipper installed via KIAUH.

 

sincerely 

 - cad435

Edited by cad 435

This has already been fixed upstream and backported to 6.6.y LTS.

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240322164525.2617508-1-christianshewitt@gmail.com/

 

My suggestion is to update the kernel.

 

If you don't wanna update you may just be able to blacklist the driver, which was what I did until it was fixed. It comes down to what is required by Klipper in your case.

 

 

  • Author

Any Ideas how I can get my installation to update?



Edit: I just rebooted the system one more time after the autoreboot and now I only get some errors and pxelinux is booting...

Guess my installation just is f'ed and neets full repair (aka new flashing with SD-Card and copying to eMMC)

Guess this topic can be also closed...

Edited by cad 435

22 minutes ago, cad 435 said:

Any Ideas how I can get my installation to update?



Edit: I just rebooted the system one more time after the autoreboot and now I only get some errors and pxelinux is booting...

Guess my installation just is f'ed and neets full repair (aka new flashing with SD-Card and copying to eMMC)

Guess this topic can be also closed...

 

I'll see if I can get those release imgs updated to something more recent and inquire about the breakage. 

  • Author

I reinstalled armbian, uname -r gets me: 6.6.16-current-meson64

 

with reinstalled I mean I downloaded the image from the armbian website 

Edited by cad 435

  • Author

Is it possible to upgrade?

I upgraded the system and the kernel via armbian-config, but now I'm on 6.7.4-edge-meson64...

 

I have no idea how to get to newest "latest release" from within the running system tbh... Is it even possible?

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade also did really nothing....


I feel like I'm  missing some kind of big point here which just hangs before my face, but I don't see it...
 

@cad 435  No you aren't really missing anything.  In the stable channel, kernel .debs generally only get pushed out every three months when a new stable release is put out (24.05 will be out the end of this month for example).

If you want to get regular updates of kernels you need to switch to the nightly builds repository in armbian-config.  Right now there is no in between.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.