Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6.8 images don't boot on Orange Pi 5 Plus 16GB

Featured Replies

I've done quite a bit of searching and can't find anyone else reporting this specific issue.

As the title says any 6.8 image I try fails to boot. The LED is red for approx 4 seconds, turns green for 2 or 3 seconds, and then turns red again and stays that way no matter how long I wait. There is never any video regardless of which HDMI port I use. I've tried the following images:

Armbian_24.8.0-trunk.85_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.12_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img.xz
Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.10_gnome-oibaf_desktop.img.xz

Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.8.10_xfce_desktop.img.xz

Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.8.10_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz

 

6.1 images work fine. I get the immediate blinking purple-ish indicator and video with the middle HDMI port.

Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz

Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img.xz

 

The closest thing to my problem I could find was this

I'm aware these folks are using 5B not 5 Plus but I went ahead and tried this anyway unplugging the HDMI to see if it would boot. That didn't work either.

 

I know sometimes certain image writers work while others don't. I've tried writing these images in balena etcher, rufus, and raspberry pi writer. This doesn't seem to effect the situation.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.