Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boot nanopim4 from nvme

Featured Replies

Hi all, I would like to boot my nanopim4 v2 from a nvme ssd disk if possible - I tried using armbian-install as mentioned on a thread on here and received the error "partition too small" the disk is a 1Tb and has one partition - any ideas ?

Quote
Quote

Here is the output from fdisk

Disk /dev/nvme0n1p1: 931.51 GiB, 1000203837440 bytes, 1953523120 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

 

and from cat /etc/os-release

PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 24.5.1 jammy"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION_ID="22.04"
VERSION="22.04.4 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)"
VERSION_CODENAME=jammy
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
UBUNTU_CODENAME=jammy
ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 24.5.1 jammy"

 

 

 

Edited by pkfox
grammar

  • Author

Hi @Igor I deleted the partition as you suggested and ran armbian-install, it looked promising to start with - I saw a message that said copying files please wait... - then I was prompted to press a button to reboot. The device starts flashing a red LED as is normal  but that's as far as it gets, it wont boot - any ideas as to what I need to do ?

Edited by pkfox

  • Author

Hi @Werner I found a way to connect my USBTTL to my board with the USB end plugged into my Linux Intel NUC

From a terminal on my NUC I entered

picocom -b 1500000 -r -l /dev/ttyUSB0

and received this

Quote

picocom v3.1

port is        : /dev/ttyUSB0
flowcontrol    : none
baudrate is    : 1500000
parity is      : none
databits are   : 8
stopbits are   : 1
escape is      : C-a
local echo is  : no
noinit is      : no
noreset is     : yes
hangup is      : no
nolock is      : yes
send_cmd is    : sz -vv
receive_cmd is : rz -vv -E
imap is        :
omap is        :
emap is        : crcrlf,delbs,
logfile is     : none
initstring     : none
exit_after is  : not set
exit is        : no

Type [C-a] [C-h] to see available commands
Terminal ready

 

But I can't enter text , it just sits there - what am I doing wrong ? It's been years since I did this sort of stuff

  • Author

@Werner I have uart working now - on my uart adapter there's a switch which turns 5v off or on - I turned it off and got the boot output - still don't know why it won't boot from nvme though

Edited by pkfox

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.