July 7, 20242 yr Hello there, I upgraded the newest kernel (`linux-image-current-rockchip64 arm64 24.8.0-trunk.332`) today. Something went wrong and it is failing to find the rootfs and drops in to initramfs shell. Attached are the update logs and login images. How do I fix this? Thanks apt-update.txt
July 7, 20242 yr Author I installed an old build and held these packages back. apt update is not breaking the OS. linux-dtb-current-rockchip64/bookworm 24.8.0-trunk.332 arm64 [actualizable desde: 24.8.0-trunk.139] linux-image-current-rockchip64/bookworm 24.8.0-trunk.332 arm64 [actualizable desde: 24.8.0-trunk.139] linux-u-boot-rk3318-box-current/bookworm 24.8.0-trunk.332 arm64 [actualizable desde: 24.8.0-trunk.139] One of these packages must be breaking initramfs. Edited July 7, 20242 yr by Ravi Terala
July 7, 20242 yr TV boxes are not supported by Armbian. They are automated builds that are untested. These are 'Community Maintained' which means there is no official maintainer but anyone in the community can submit fixes/changes. The forums are the method of discussing issues.
July 7, 20242 yr I'd recommend you post in the master thread for the rk3318 TV boxes in this sub forum.
July 8, 20242 yr I deleted your other post as it is just a duplicate of this. Please take the time to research. There is a topic in the fourms for your type of box. That is where your should be posting, and before you post you should read what has already been posted to see if others have already run into what you are seeing. Don't waste other peoples time until you have used the resources available to you.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.