Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi Zero 2 suddenly dead

Featured Replies

Hello,

I've been using OPiZ2 for about 2 years as Pi-hole in gravity-sync with another one (Orange Pi 3 LTS running Open Media Vault with no problem).

Today I found out it was dead, no connection and just a blank screen. It must have happened in the past few days, because I checked it on sunday and it was up and running.

I'm almost sure I was using it with Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_Orangepizero2_sid_edge_6.0.6.

i have extracted the sd card and checked it on Windows with Diskinternals reader and Minitool Partition Wizard, no problem found.

The most recent files and folders have been modified on 2024-07-12, eleven days ago, much prior to my checking, so there is no info about the last hours/days.

When I first installed Armbian, I used a version that would brick the OpiZ2 with apt upgrade, but a long time has passed and I don't remember if that issue was fixed.

 

Now, can I somehow resuscitate this install? If not, can I clone/recover at least the pi-hole/unbound/gravitysinc settings? And what version of Armbian should I use? 

I've downloaded Armbian_24.5.3_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal, but I came here to ask before doing something.

  • Author

I don't even remember if there was an original SD card when I bought it.

I just remember that the USB hat never worked even changing some config settings.

Anyway I have flashed a new one and reinstalled Pihole/Unbound/Gravity-Sync from scratch and it works fine.

The previous SD is perfectly fine, so no failing/corruption problem there. It just stopped working from one day to another,

after about a year of "piholeing".

This time I have flashed Armbian_24.5.3_Orangepizero2_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.