Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disable automatic activation of Wifi and Bluetooth drivers from kernel

Featured Replies

Hi, I'm working with an armbian installed on a Banana Pi M2S and I'm having problems using GPIOX_12, GPIOX_13 and GPIOX_4, because the Wifi/Bluetooth drivers are introducing garbage data by default into them and making it difficult to use them for communication in my project.

I need to know how to disable these drivers from the kernel so that they don't interfere with the UART communication that I'm creating on those pins, since they are enabled by default and take control of the port automatically (even without having any module connected).

 

Question:

  • Is there any way to disable them in the kernel during the image building process?

 

For the moment I won't use those drivers since I'll be installing a Wifi module via USB later.

 

I'm building the armbian image from the repository using these build variables:

./compile.sh build BOARD=bananapim2s BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=jammy EXTENSIONS=preset-firstrun

 

Any help or pointers would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by IvanMC
Improvements in the writing. Thank you very much.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.