Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Helios64 is not having power

Featured Replies

Hello Everyone,
Unfortunately my helios64 is not glowing any power LED.
As soon as I connect the power supply it only shows a blinking orange LED light, that is basically for the battery status.
My power supply is perfectly fine and even I have tried using with the ATX power supply same result.

Does anyone face this issue and please help me to get my board working again.

Thanks!

IMG_8571.JPG

Edited by Pranjal
Spelling mistakes

You could check with a voltmeter on the board for the 12V. Schematics are here https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/docs/ .

Do you have serial console output ? Though I believe with such an issue this is highly unlikely.

From https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/led/  comments, the system status LED and LAN LED are software controlled and HDD Activity LEDs hardware controlled. Though highly liekly LED1 (system rail power) is hardware controlled.

 

  • Author

Thanks Prahal for your answer.
I do not have any console output at all, even the System On Blue LEDs are not glowing at all.
Power supply could be the issue thats when I had tested the same with ATX power supply and the result is exactly the same.
Kind of blocked what to do :(

On 12/11/2024 at 7:48 AM, Pranjal said:

Power supply could be the issue thats when I had tested the same with ATX power supply and the result is exactly the same.

I also think of a hardware issue. If you have a voltmeter you could check if you have 12V in the board (taking the ground on metal case around connector (ethernet, etc).

Might be a repair shop could fix it. I don't know the cost of such a repair.

Hello Pranjal, have you managed to fix the problem? I'm looking for a Helios64 with good case condition. If the board is dead and you don't need the case, maybe I could get it from you?

Hi 

 

The issue is likely with the UPS battery. Keep it plugged in until the light clears. The system needs time to charge the battery to the correct voltage, which usually takes 4 to 5 hours. If the issue persists, the battery may be damaged. Simply unplug it and it should start working.

  • Author

Hi @orb
First hing I thought the same if there is an issue with battery and unplugged it and tried turning on
unfortunately no luck.

Anyways, was not able to access my data hence move to another board and successfully restored all my data.
But would love to revive this board.

  • Author

Hi @Alex T
Indeed the board seems to be dead not getting turned on at all. Even tried to boot with the secondary BIOS but not working.
I managed to fit the new board in the older case so its perfectly being utilised.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.