January 1, 20251 yr Happy new year everyone, So I really do not like the stub-resolver in Debian/Armbian , and I do not like forwarding any DNS request to any 3rd party in general. After some searching I found this: https://www.turek.dev/posts/disable-systemd-resolved-cleanly/ . Since we are on Armbian we need also remove the 00-armbian-default-dns.conf which points to cloudflare's 1.0.0.1 . 1. We probably do not need this, but just in case someone does not have it. sudo mkdir -p /etc/systemd/resolved.conf.d/ 2. We set the DNS Stub Listener to no and remove the comment from the line if applicable: sudo sed -i '/DNSStubListener=/s/^#//;s/=.*/=no/' /etc/systemd/resolved.conf 3. We create the needed symlinks, if applicable. sudo ln -sf /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf 4. We remove the CloudFlare default DNS sudo rm /etc/systemd/resolved.conf.d/00-armbian-default-dns.conf 5. Then we restart the service: sudo systemctl restart systemd-resolved Now I get my router IP as DNS resolver, which is what I like: $ cat /etc/resolv.conf # This is /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf managed by man:systemd-resolved(8). # Do not edit. # # This file might be symlinked as /etc/resolv.conf. If you're looking at # /etc/resolv.conf and seeing this text, you have followed the symlink. # # This is a dynamic resolv.conf file for connecting local clients directly to # all known uplink DNS servers. This file lists all configured search domains. # # Third party programs should typically not access this file directly, but only # through the symlink at /etc/resolv.conf. To manage man:resolv.conf(5) in a # different way, replace this symlink by a static file or a different symlink. # # See man:systemd-resolved.service(8) for details about the supported modes of # operation for /etc/resolv.conf. nameserver 192.168.1.1 search lan $ Edited January 1, 20251 yr by Dantes typo
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.