Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My installation became crazy after a 222 packages update on OPI5-Plus.

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

I am used to update my systems every day, but this time.... 

 

Yesterday, all of a sudden, after an "apt update" command showed to me there was 222 updates available. Wow, there was many updates on KDE, I left it for later, but after finishing my tasks I made the upgrade.

 

After reboot, at login screen, password was accepted but login screen reappears. I tryed many times.

 

I noticed that login was set to "KDE Wayland"... I changed to "KDE X11" and Bingo... Login ok.

 

But Task bar is shown everything to the left and without the apps. All apps used before last logout were reopened, but all of them were located on top left of screen and no way to change the top app, only terminating the top app to access other app. No ALT TAB works.

 

And at botton right of wallpaper it is saying "Plasma 6.3"

 

in other words, unusable...

 

And now, what can I do? If I reinstall .img I cant upgrade anymore???

 

Thanks from Brazil,

 

Cury

 

.img used to install:
“Armbian - unofficial_25.02.0 - trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor _ 6.1.84_kde-neon-kisak _ desktop”


My system before crash:

Operating System: Ubuntu 24.04 (Neon)
KDE Plasma Version: 6.2.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.10.0
Qt Version: 6.8.1
Kernel Version: 6.1.84-vendor-rk35xx (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 4 × ARM Cortex-A 55, 4 × ARM Cortex-A76
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mali-G610
Product Name: Orange Pi 5 Plus

 

Solved by Jorge Cury

 

6 hours ago, Jorge Cury said:

My system before crash:

This doesn't tell much. This below does ;)

 

 

Providing logs with

 

PASTE_SERVER_HOST=paste.armbian.de armbianmonitor -u

 

 helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

 

Anyway DE is userspace. These packages come from KDE directly. If it worked before but broke after upgrade, there isn't much we can do since we don't control these packages.

Since I have an opi5+ with KDE6 as well I'll try to upgrade later to see what happens.

  • Author
12 hours ago, Werner said:

Anyway DE is userspace. These packages come from KDE directly. If it worked before but broke after upgrade, there isn't much we can do since we don't control these packages.

Since I have an opi5+ with KDE6 as well I'll try to upgrade later to see what happens.

 

I know updates came from KDE team, but broke my installation.

 

I have another install (same distro) for a OPI5 (not Plus) and I am deferring update.

 

I am looking for a hint.

 

me@OPI5-Armbian:~$ PASTE_SERVER_HOST=paste.armbian.de armbianmonitor -u
Using custom paste server: 'paste.armbian.de'
Collecting info and sending to paste.armbian.de, wait...

 

https://paste.armbian.de/qapipuzevu

 

Please post the URL in the forum where you've been asked for.
 

Thanks,

 

Cury

 

This sounds like a problem during login - perhaps your display manager logs can give clues. I've seen a problem where kwin_wayland finds the wrong libgbm,so and crashes during login causing

the login screen to re-appear. I dont know what display manager you are using, but hopefully one of the following commands can give clues:

 

grep sddm /var/log/*
grep lightdm /var/log/*
grep kwin_wayland /var/log/*

 

  • Author
  • Solution

Thanks everybody,

 

After 2 weeks dealing with this issue,on last satuday, I decided to migrate to another Armbian flavor.

 

I had some issues with Armbian Gnome (Firefox and others).

 

So dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_cinnamon-backported-mesa was the last chance with Mesa.

 

I couldn't install Firefox (latest version) even adding mozilla repo or unstable. I'll give ESR a chance.

 

Thanks again,

 

Cury 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.