Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange pi 5 Ultra and pwm

Featured Replies

Hi

I'm trying to use Armbian with Orange pi 5 Ultra. 
So far so good :) The hdmirx is working great!

I'm not able to control my gpio pins with PWM in equivalent to orange pi 5 ultra image. I guess that i need to load additional overlays, Am I correct?

Please review the armbian logs here:
https://paste.next.armbian.com/nekodihico

I also noticed that pin numbers were changed if I compare it to the Orange pi OS.
 

Thanks in advance!  

Edited by Erez Alster

Solved by Erez Alster

Well on the bright sight both max and ultra are very similar.

Though overlays might differ but that would need investigation. Easiest route is the one you actually already got on by checking the vendor source. Maybe they also provide a handful of matching overlays for this board. Maybe they can be ported.

Hello Erez Alster, im on the same page, but the issue is that im trying to get PWM to work using ubuntu that is from the orangepi wbesite, did you get it working? if yes, can you share with me how you got the pwm to work? for me, it blinks and its very choppy! thanks in advance. 

  • Author
  • Solution

I was able to make things work. i had bad configuration :)
So everything is working correctly.

I've another issue. I've the following errors in dmesg

 

Quote

[ 2920.617507] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio
[ 2920.650043] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2
[ 2920.736016] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:24!
[ 2921.332591] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p30.00 (2200x1125)
[ 2924.616773] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2
[ 2924.670940] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio
[ 2924.701372] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23!
[ 2925.298296] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p29.99 (2200x1125)
[ 2927.883494] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2
[ 2927.955102] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23!
[ 2928.566048] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p25.05 (2200x1125)
[ 2928.727603] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio
[ 2929.716865] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2
[ 2929.737624] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio
[ 2929.795089] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23!
[ 2930.399397] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p29.99 (2200x1125)
[ 2932.150233] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2
[ 2932.224940] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23!
[ 2932.777658] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio
[ 2932.876647] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p30.00 (2200x1125)
[ 2935.350287] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: Vertical Sync threshold reached interrupt 0x2
[ 2935.421794] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing signal lock ok, i:23!
[ 2935.817696] rk_hdmirx fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_delayed_work_audio: enable audio
[ 2936.032717] fdee0000.hdmirx-controller: hdmirx_format_change: New format: 1920x1080p29.99 (2200x1125)

 

Something I'm able to use the HDMI input and sometimes i'm not. Any idea what can be the issue?

On 3/4/2025 at 11:05 AM, Erez Alster said:

I copied the dtb from orange pi 5 ultra official image and copied it.

Hey, how did you do this? I would like to do the same.

 

Did you replace the 'Max' dtb file content or placed the new file and referenced it from elsewhere (like /boot/armbianEnv.txt)?

Edited by Sirmalinton
typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.