April 6, 20251 yr I have have armbian V25.2.3 installed on a radxa Zero 2w linux kernel 6.12.17-current-meson64. The radxa uses i2c to talk to a PCA9685 which in turn drives three servos in a robot. The issue is that the PCA9685 has two i2c busses, 0 and 1. But the radxa zero has only two i2c busses that can be enabled using armbian-config and they are i2c-3 and - ic2-5. It seems I need to install a new overlay to describe the i2c busses in the device tree. But how do I do that?
April 7, 20251 yr Hi, the manual way of enabling/disabling overlays is checking their availability in /boot/dtb/<family>/overlay and edit /boot/armbianEnv.txt. In your case it seems that a new overlays needs to be written. You can decompile an existing one that is similar using the dtc utility. Once you created a new dts file you can use armbian-add-overlay <filename>.dts to compile and enable it. What exact values are necessary to achieve your particular case I don't know. I guess for that you have to dig through the datasheets of both your board and the SoC it is built around.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.