Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Incorrect information about the installed version

Featured Replies

Hey, guys,

I just upgraded my OrangePi Zero. Everything seems to be working, but I'm disturbed by incorrect information on the home page:

 

 v25.2.3 for Orange Pi Zero running Armbian Linux 6.12.20-current-sunxi

 Packages:     Debian end of life (buster), possible distro upgrade (bookworm)
 Support:      DIY (community maintained)
 

Please advise me how to make Armbian correctly display the installed version.

Thank you.

On my NanoPi-NEOs I have seen this several times/years

/etc# grep -d skip buster *
armbian-distribution-status:buster=eos;upgrade=bullseye,bookworm,trixie,testing
armbian-image-release:DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=buster
mime.types:application/rpki-ghostbusters                        gbr
grep: motd: No such file or directory

So I guess those files need some other text

I did this:

sed -i 's/buster/bookworm/g' armbian-image-release
sed -i 's/21.05.1/25.2.3/g' armbian-image-release

But I have motd stuff all muted as all is CLI/remote/ssh/unattended only. It is only for the case that in 1 or 2 years from now I don't get confused by 'buster' again. But I think this file gets orphaned for people doing in-place upgrades (not wiping SD with new image at least. I use it only to see when and how I got the new SBC and architecture/SoC running first time when not knowing much about a platform. For the 5 NanoPi-NEOs, they are all copied/cloned from just the first one I bought and got working and modified so it is a partition structure (Btrfs for root at least) that fits my regeneration-from-backup-NAS script for all Linux clients. After the clone action, the package tooling (and sources.list* contents) determine versions.

What matters for me is MACaddress essentially (and some other keys and UUIDs). I only use os-release to see what distro flavor it is. And sometimes 'hostnamectl status' to see what is running.

On 4/19/2025 at 12:39 AM, Werner said:

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_FAQ/#can-i-upgrade-my-userspace-flavor-like-bullseye-to-bookworm-or-jammy-to-noble

 

There is some package (base-files or rootfs, bsp, whatever, cannot remember) that contains this information. Yours is probably outdated. Replace accordingly.

Makes sense, thanks for pointing that out. I had similar issues and I’ll check which package holds it on my setup and try replacing it. Hopefully that clears it up.. Thank you..

Edited by AlbertoJ1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.