Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Workflow for building custom packages?

Featured Replies

I am new to armbian, and so far I managed to build a working image with some custom packages added and some removed by customizing `userpatches/lib.config`. Easy stuff and it's working great so far!

 

Now I need to build some packages from sources and get them added to the resulting image. The usual way I would do this, would be installing a cross toolchain, having a staging dir with includes and libs from the dev packages I add to the image, etc. But after building the base armbian image, on my system I see I have two docker images related to armbian (ghcr.io/armbian/docker-armbian-build and armbian.local.only/armbian-build), and I wonder if maybe the "local only" image is somehow like a "staging" image or how does this work.

 

So far I have not been able to find documentation about the procedure, is there any guide explaining how to achieve this?

  • Author

Thanks for help. If I understand correctly, that script is useful to add files to the image and perform modifications of it. But it seems that runs on a virtualized environment (QEMU I presume). Although that might work, I would prefer having a cross-compilation environment. I have verified the docker images I mentioned before have the cross compile toolchain, but I don't know if armbian generates something like a staging directory to be used for cross compilation. Could it be this is not possible with armbian and I should be using something like Yocto for this task?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.