Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

armbian-config --cmd GIT001 not installing git

Featured Replies

Hello,

I'm using Armbian (22.08.0) for risc-v on a Mango-pi. I read in the documentation it is possible to install git with the command of this post-title, but instead, it opens the config menu (see screenshot). I've looked at the option to install git inside this menu (inside the software menu I saw other options except git), but have not found it. How can I do this? Any pointers are appreciated.

 

Thanks.

armbian-menu.jpg

  • Author

Thanks for the reply @steeman,

How can I see the documentation of the version I'm using? I'd prefer to keep using it before attempting to install a fresh armbian version.

 

This whole image and config / install script are both very old, unsupported. It has been cca. 5 years since anyone touched code in old armbian-config. We developed new tool, which is fundamentally different and in much better shape.

 

9 hours ago, orlando mendez said:

How can I see the documentation of the version I'm using?

 

Documentation for old tool never existed. This config tool developed from my personal scripts for installing this and that. And as it was not properly designed, we decided to drop it at some point and develop a proper tool from scratch. You can try upgrading this way: https://github.com/armbian/configng?tab=readme-ov-file#compatible-distributions but no warranty or support in case of troubles.

 

I would tell you to go with a fresh system, but as this image was not made by us, you need to ask vendor to do that for you. Everything that goes outside "Standard support" is usually unknown to the team and also for most of this community. This is custom hardware world, you are running custom Armbian build (probably made by hw vendor). Armbian developers team is super small and it is not realistic to expect support even for limited selection of (custom) hardware that we provide official Armbian builds for.

 

If you just need git tool:
 

sudo apt install git

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.