Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quectel M2 WWAN card Not recognized

Featured Replies

Trying the Armbian Radxa Rock5T 25.5.1 / 6.1.115 Ubuntu server image for the Rock5T and I can't get the Quectel M2 EM12-G WWAN card to be recognized at all. I was previously running the Joshua Reik image and the card showed in lsusb on that image and worked, but I can't figure out why it's not working on this image. I'm kind of new to all this. I did find this similar thread but never found a resolution.

 

https://forum.radxa.com/t/rock-5b-wwan-support-hardware-bug/25780

 

Hopefully someone can help as to what could be going on.

 

Edit: Armbian Monitor Here: https://paste.armbian.com/avusulewax

Edited by swthpk32
Update

Hello @swthpk32

 

The Radxa Rock 5T in Armbian is maintained by @meco, maybe he will have something to say. 

 

I don't have the board, so I will only be of limited help.  Have you tried some of the commands given in the thread you linked and what was the result?  Can you confirm that your modem shows up for a second and then disappears?  Can you compile your own image with a vendor kernel?

 

nmcli -m 0
sudo dmesg | grep usb

 

  • Author

I dont have much experience with this stuff. qmicli: command not found and dmesg doesn't reveal anything that sticks out to me. I dont see it show up even for a second. I did do the armbian monitor and posted a link to that. Compiling my own image/kernel is way over my head.

Compiling your own image is actually quite easy.

 

https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Building-with-Docker/

https://evilolaf.github.io/docupreview/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQcEFsXEJEE

 

The name of your board is "rock-5t" and you will want to try out the vendor kernel, try something like "./compile.sh  BOARD=rock-5t BRANCH=vendor RELEASE=noble BUILD_MINIMAL=yes KERNEL_BTF=no  SHARE_LOG=yes".  You will then share your logs and you can paste a link here if the build fails.

 

"qmicli: command not found" means you do not have the package installed that provides the command. So, you need to find out what package that is and then install it.  I suggest you install "sudo apt install command-not-found" first and then this information will come up automatically in the future.

 

# from my computer

$ qmicli
Command 'qmicli' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install libqmi-utils

 

This situation will be a learning experience for you, it is not very likely somebody will come out here and fix your situation for you (unless they have the same problem and want to fix it for themselves and then change something in Armbian for everyone's benefit).  People are very willing to help and guide you, but you will essentially need to fix this for yourself and then hopefully share what you did so that others will benefit from your work.  That is the power of open source.

  • Author

So I had a guy from Fiverr take a look at it and this is what he said he found. I'm not sure if this rings and bells or not? But he is still digging.

 

Regarding the quectel card, it's extremely weird. Both images have the exact same dtbs, overlays and drivers, but it works on both Joshuas and the official image but not on armbian. One thing I have found different between those is the gpio pin states. Armbian image has different gpio states from the other. But idk if that is a side effect or the cause.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.