Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unable to compile "noble" for Rockpi 4b

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I'm trying to build for the Rock 3C so that I can minimize what goes into the kernel and system. I'm new at this and tried mostly default values (current, bookworm), except that I did minimal image instead of standard.

 

The build failed at applying a patch. I don't know what to do with that.

 

Can anyone help me diagnose? Also, how would I get into more details about building the image and choosing what to add/remove?

 

Thanks!

Solved by laibsch

  • Author

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I tried trixie and got the same error with the same patch.

 

I guess I can't tell it to skip VP9?

Edited by CeeGO

2 hours ago, CeeGO said:

What's the best way to get start customizing the build?

Easiest way is to use the customize-image.sh file in userpatches. Stuff there gets executed within chroot on the sdcard just before its closed and assembled.

More advanced way is using extensions. Check extensions folder for examples.

  • laibsch pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Author
On 8/28/2025 at 9:34 PM, Werner said:

Easiest way is to use the customize-image.sh file in userpatches. Stuff there gets executed within chroot on the sdcard just before its closed and assembled.

More advanced way is using extensions. Check extensions folder for examples.

 

Thanks. I'll have to look into that. I expect that's for customizing the packages installed?

 

 

 

Edited by CeeGO

Customizing image and customizing kernel are different tasks.

For latter use the kernel-config command and then copy over the created config file from output to userpatches. The framework will look for custom kernel configuration files and uses them if they're detected.

 

More details here: https://zuckerbude.org/armbian-using-kernel-config/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.