October 4, 20251 yr On an orangepi 5 this image failed to post. Armbian_25.8.2_Orangepi5_noble_vendor_6.1.115.img.xz worked just fine via balena etcher and booting from a nvme.
October 4, 20251 yr moved. All boards using rk3588/s soc most likely work best with either vendor or edge kernel. Current has limited functionality since when this kernel became LTS only basic support was there. All further enhancements regarding hardware featureless were upstreamed later.
October 9, 20251 yr Author Ok, that makes sense. Is there an edge build for this or does one have to compile "edge" builds? Sry, I'm just a little confused.
October 9, 20251 yr Try the 'minimal-iot' flavor, I think that's the only one that boots from the current images. You can then add the desired packages and even switch to the 'edge' kernel from armbian-config.
October 10, 20251 yr Author Thanks, ok this works but only over SSH. Maybe the other ones did too and the fact my monitor wouldn't turn on for them had me stuck.
October 10, 20251 yr Author Solution Just to help anyone else that ran into this. I was able to get up and running by Armbian_25.8.2_Orangepi5_noble_current_6.12.49_minimal (1).img.xz then on boot I found the IP address on my network and SSH'd to it. Once on I used armbian-config to go and fetch the edge kernel 6.16.4-edge-rockchip64 Display is now working, but the older USB for the keyboard doesn't work. Only the USB 3.0 does.
October 13, 2025Oct 13 @djtecha6 Quote but the older USB for the keyboard doesn't work. Only the USB 3.0 does I have faced the same issue. And it's the Armbian 25.8.2 problem, use the Armbian 25.5.1 image indeed.
October 21, 2025Oct 21 Hi is there a way to enable the old USB port without re-installing Armbian? I have done to much setup work to start all over again.
November 10, 2025Nov 10 On 10/12/2025 at 10:01 PM, KhanhDTP said: I have faced the same issue. And it's the Armbian 25.8.2 problem, use the Armbian 25.5.1 image indeed. /dev/serial is also gone on 25.8.2
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.