Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can Armbian use the SPI on the Cubie a5e?

Featured Replies

I seem to remember at one point thinking that U-Boot could be installed into the SPI on the a5e and then I could choose the boot order. Is that possible or did I just dream it?

 

If it is, how do I install U-Boot into the SPI? Is there one specifically for the a5e?

  • Author

I've gotten it working. I'll detail the steps soon, but it's not difficult. I just want to confirm that running it this way I can boot from sd/usb/nvme/eMMC/Network, and see if changing the boot order works.

Also interested in this. Was able to install using `sudo ./sunxi-fel -p spiflash-write 0 u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin`, where the u-boot image came from the Armbian I downloaded (scp'd it off). That makes use of a patch submitted to the sunxi-tools repo (https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools/pull/232), which does actually work.

 

It is quite happy to boot the image from SD card, and runs even when there is no SD card installed, which is great!

 

However, I don't see any SPI or mtdblock messages in dmesg, and naturally, none exist in /dev/. Am I missing something? Or is SPI not enabled currently for some reason?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.