February 15Feb 15 Hello since kernel 6.12 led (heartbeat and mmc activity) on board rock64 don't work. I've created issue in dietPI github: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/7618 but DietPI is using armbian kernel. Now I'm using recent armbian with kernel 6.11.0-edge-rockchip64. Any idea how to restore led activity on recent kernels?
February 16Feb 16 8 hours ago, sanlu said: Now I'm using recent armbian with kernel 6.11.0-edge-rockchip64. Any idea how to restore led activity on recent kernels? I'd start by comparing the device tree on a working and non-working image.
February 16Feb 16 Solution Did you try loading the "pinctrl-rk805" module? This was once directly compiled into the kernel and later externalized into a module. And IIRC that happened when switching to 6.12. If loading that module helps, then adding it to the MODULES line of the board's config like this should fix it.
February 17Feb 17 Author Excelent! That works. I didn't, notice that pinctrl-rk805 was externalized and can't be loaded automatically. For now I've just add pinctrl-rk805 to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and update-initramfs. Werner: device tree has no changes for a long time. Thanks!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.