March 11Mar 11 Hello, all, I am trying to confirm the actual status of UART support on the Banana Pi BPI-R4. Does the hardware UART work reliably and appear as a character device (e.g., /dev/uart*) under Armbian Linux? Also, what is the maximum baud rate supported by this port? And one more question: Does Armbian support the Quectel EP06 modem (LTE, mini PCIe)? Thank you in advance, SY, Serge
March 12Mar 12 According to the datasheet (https://de.scribd.com/document/948890791/MT7988A-Datasheet) the supported baudrate seems to be between 300baud and 3Mbaud. However cannot tell anything about support status. Neither do I have this hw, nor did I ever dig into this soc. Starting with device tree overlays might be a good start or check the whole device tree in general for the uart nodes if present.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.