Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (â‹®) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Helios64 rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.XX.xx-L2-hs400-opp Kernel 6.18.10 Crash/Freeze

Featured Replies

Hi everybody,

 

I running Helios64 with kernel 6.12.58 since a long time and the prahal dtb file rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and my helios64 work well.

Today, Armbian upgrade to 6.18.10 kernel.

Is this update use the same change or patch like in rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp ?

Is rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp work with 6..18.10 kernel ?

Is I must to downgrade to 6.12.58 kernel with rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and freeze at this kernel version ?

 

Thanks for answer.

Edited by BipBip1981

  • Author

For information:

 

First reboot and crash same that before use rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp. 😞

Back to 6.12.58, rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and freeze to this setting

 

Me and my brother have helios64 with 6.18.10 Kernel :

RAID 10 / LVM / LUKS and crash always when "cryptsetup open..." start

Crash when many I/O

Crash when use Full CPUs

 

With rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp and Kernel 6.12.58 or 6.12.(XX below):

Me, never crash but I reboot often and power off often for personal choice.

My brother have uptime upper than 100 or 200 days with problem, freeze or crash

 

Bye

 

Edited by BipBip1981

  • BipBip1981 changed the title to Helios64 rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.XX.xx-L2-hs400-opp Kernel 6.18.10 Crash/Freeze

FWIW, I am running -edge kernel from armbian with respective dtb (linux-dtb-edge-rockchip64 package), and it's quite stable.

vmlinuz-6.18.0-rc6-edge-rockchip64
dtb-6.18.0-rc6-edge-rockchip64

🤞

  • Author

Hello, I hope you don't have any problem.

Maybe me and my brother have defective or more unstable helios64 than you.

Only thing I can say that Prahal share here the specifics files rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.XX.xx-L2-hs400-opp in this forum since two years ago my helios64 and my brother's helios64 work stable only with it.

I back to 6.12.58 Kernel with rk3399-kobol-helios64.dtb-6.12.xx-L2-hs400-opp file and freeze firmware/kernel with armbian-config.

 

Edited by BipBip1981

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.