Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot complete first boot wizard

Featured Replies

What happened?

I used image https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/download/26.2.0-trunk.606/Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.606_Ayn-odin2_noble_current_6.18.19_gnome_desktop.img.xz and I found the device cannot boot into desktop. It stuck in the first boot wizard after message "Please use this account for your daily work from now on."

How to reproduce?

Download image from https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/download/26.2.0-trunk.606/Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.606_Ayn-odin2_noble_current_6.18.19_gnome_desktop.img.xz

Flash it to TF card using Armbian Imager

Insert the TF card to Odin2 device and power on

Wait for it to boot to desktop

Observation:
It stuck in the first boot wizard after message "Please use this account for your daily work from now on."

Solved by Alex Ling

  • Author

I tried to build a image from the current main branch (kernel: 6.18.20) and I found the problem is the same. I changed KERNELBRANCH to "tag:v6.18.18" from "branch:linux-6.18.y" and rebuild. It can boot to desktop as expected. It seems some change in the 6.18.19 kernel causes the problem

  • Author

Hi, Werner, thanks for replying. The problem is, when this happened, I cannot get wire or wireless connection. Neither can I login to the system using another pty. Odin2 is a gaming device thus there's no UART available. I tried to pass "console=tty0" to the kernel but I don't see any output on screen when it happened. Any suggestion to get more information? Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.