Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can't boot rolling release on R76S

Featured Replies

Hello all!

 

Not sure what is going on at all but I'm having a problem booting the "rolling release" of armbian (debian 14/forky) minimal cli. I'm using a nano pi R76S with 4gb of RAM and 64GB emmc. 

 

I can successfully burn a microsd for the previous version  (also minimal cli vesion) which boots ok.However if I try to use the newer version nothing happens -- the red LED on the R76S stays permanently on and I get no display or any other life.

 

I did try using different microsd cards but it did not make any difference. I also tried using the same microsd (I wrote the older version first to the microsd which boots) then wrote again on the same microsd. 

 

I'm using the download page for the images from here - https://armbian.com/boards/nanopi-r76s

 

ljones

  • Author

Ok, I gave it a go. I used the settings - baud rate 1500000, Data bit=8,Parity check=None,Stopbit=1,Flow control=None. Most of what I got was largely garbled but here's what I could read:

 

[code]

DDR fcb0cfd52f cym 24/10/09-19:36:03,fwver: v1.08
In
ch1 ddoY�H��~␦j�DR5, 2736MHzttot6
channel[0] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=16 CS0 Row=16 CS=1 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB
ch1 ttot7
��@
   )�j�-��o    �    ����������~�����������channel[1] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=16 CS0 Row=16 CS=1 Die BW=16 Size=2048MB
Manufacturer ID:0xff
�h�0 RX Vref:24.9%, RX DQS Vref:30.8%, TX Vref:20.0%,0.0%/�
Kk�k|/��~��~�������
DQ roc:
p4 n0, p7 n0, p4 n0, p3 n0, p5 n4, p1 n0, p7 n0, p0 n2, p0 n0, 
p4 n3, p2 n0, p5 n0, p3 n0, p4 n0, p4 n0, p5 n0, p0 n0, p3 n1, 

DQ rds:h1 h1 l0 l0 l0 l0 l0 l0, l0 l0 l0 l0 l0 l0 h1 l0 
���
   �B(N@x�|�|�~�~�~~����������CH1 RX Vref:24.1%, RX DQS Vref:29.2%, TX Vre��Jo��{���������������
DQ roc:
p6 n0, p2 n0, p7 n0, p3 n1, p1 n0, p0 n2, p3 n0, p7 n0, p3 n0, 
p3 n0, p2 n0, p0 n1, p6 n0
                           p1 )��d!�@��DQS roc: p1, n0, p3, n0

stride=0x3, ddr_config=0x2
hash bank_mask0-3 0x0 0x2100 0x44200 0x88400, rank_mask0 0x0
nge to F1: 534MHz
>l ttot6
l1 ttot6
?lange to F2: 1320MHz
ch0 ttot8
ch1 ttop8    
                c@aNg@@    
ch0 ttot6
ch1 ttot6
�~l�ange to F0: 2736MHz
����x�x�|�|�������������ch0 ttot7
ch1 ttop7
out
U-Boot SPL board init>_p

                                                                  U-Boot SPL 2017.09_armbian-2017.09-S39cd-P60ca-H8822-V586d-B138f-R448a (Apr 27 2026 - 17:35:35)
SPL Hotkey: ctrl+`
"�!)�#P��K=�|�~�~�~�~���������sfc cmd=0��
)���������������������    @jj��%����������������������.

                                                     ����ᯍ�������������spl: par�K�
        y!��������dd�Verified-boot: 0
~@@�������������������## Checking atf-1 0x40060000 ... sha256(868eaf583a...) + OK
�
 ��/��oo-����������������������%␦�
+����������������������           _B���
                       /    ��x����������������������ZH)�)���-�������������������x-�/    �������������������## Checking uboot 0x4020000�����l�e1593752...) + OK
�dd�Checking fdt 0x40339460 ... sha256(e3b0c44298...) + OK
6�t_record_lgadable: FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC
�@dd�ChekA�;\6�F�f�400f0000 ... sha256(8afb712810...) + OK
fdt_record_loadable: FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC
�#" Checkin1�� !��������{���+�:�ICE:  BL31: v2.3():v2.3-931-g4d7e811c6:derrick.huang, fwver: v1.20
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 19:19:38, May 26 2025
��NFO:    SOC (0x35760101)
INFO:    spec: 0x1
INFO:    test version: 0x0
INFO:    cost 477531 us before hptimer restart
k������������������INFO:    soc cold boot
INFO:    ARk�P��&
                 b �$@�H@�@�
                             `]w�mask: 1
INFO:    BL31: Initializing runtime services
WARNING: No OPTEE provided by BL2 boot loader, Booting device without OPTEE initialization. SMC`s destined for OPTEE will return SMC_UNK
ERROR:   Error initializing runtime service opteed_fast
INFO:    BL31: Preparing for EL3 exit to normal world
INFO:    Entry point address = 0x40200000
INFO:    SPSR = 0x3c9
No valid device tree binary found - please append one to U-Boot binary, use u-boot-dtb.bin or define CONFIG_OF_EMBED. For sandbox, use -d <file.dtb>
initcall sequence 00000000402c54c0 failed at call 00000000402b81e8 (err=-1)
[/code]

 

The rest after this was unreadable.

 

ljones

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.