Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Immament major changes in rk3588s-orangepi-5* DTS files.

Featured Replies

Hi.
According to this patch Orange pi 5 Pro DTS (which BTW i use for my successful Orange Pi 5 Pro edge build) there will be a split of DTSI files. Most of the code in rk3588s-orangepi-5.dtsi will be transferred to new rk3588s-orangepi-5-5b.dtsi. In my current build for Orange Pi 5 and 5 Pro I have: rk3588s-orangepi-5-5b.dtsi  rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts  rk3588s-orangepi-5.dts  rk3588s-orangepi-5.dtsi  rk3588s-orangepi-5-pro.dts. Please note I have Orange Pi 5 Pro with SPI chip soldered on so for Orange Pi 5 Pro build with EMMC (99.99% of cases) in rk3588s-orangepi-5-pro.dts set:
 

/* SFC */
&sfc {
        status = "disabled";
};

and
 

&sdhci {
        status = "okay";
};



 

rk3588s-orangepi-5-pro.dts rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts rk3588s-orangepi-5-5b.dtsi rk3588s-orangepi-5.dtsi rk3588s-orangepi-5.dts

Edited by Rocksheep

  • Author

I was just giving heads up. Basically patch is ready with only few "naming disagreements" and  reviewers wants to push it upstream soon probably still within 7.1 release candidate. Once it will happen all the builds for orange pi 5/5b/pro and so on will fail so its worth to be prepared.

  • Author

If i recall correctly this patch is causing problems:
patch/kernel/archive/rockchip64-7.0/rk3588-1221-arm64-fix-typec-for-orangepi-5-5b.patch
After split the code it wants to patch has will be moved from
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5.dtsi
to
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5-5b.dtsi
Anyway I'm not sure what this patch meant to fix. Can't find much info on it but it looks like the altmodes block is advertising DP mode over USB-C so enables port to transmit direct video and audio signals. Please someone correct me on this one if I'm wrong. If so it adds future to the system rather then fixing it. I think its better to leave it at default source - host mode.

  • Author

I just checked and Orange Pi 5 is capable of DP mode over usb-c. I assume that patch has been tested and if it works (I might test it myself some time in near future) it is worth to keep.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.