Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid C2 migrate from odrobian

Featured Replies

Hi armbian team !

I've been running my Odroid C2 for almost 2 years with the only then available distro for my board : odrobian.

As that distro is now left without maintainer, I'm turning to other distros and am glad to see my board supported by armbian (which I currently use on various Orange Pi boards).

Is there a path to migrate my Odroid C2 installation from odrobian to armbian with minimum downtime ? (it's a server)

Or should I consider installing everything from scratch on another board and copy my configuration there ?

Thanks !

3 hours ago, bolet75 said:

Or should I consider installing everything from scratch on another board and copy my configuration there ?


Better. We are not very much familiar with Odrobian details so it's hard to say. In case of troubles ... you will need help from both sides or some dedicated person with a lot of time. I would say rather go with a clean build.

Remarks. Mainline kernel works somehow but is not yet recommended for any production environment, while the standard kernel is updated at least to the hard kernel level.

In any case, I would suggest waiting for next small bugfix update. There are some small things which need attention.

  • Author

Thanks Igor,

 

I'll take the clean install path then, even if I had a slight hope for an easy migration trick.

And I'll use the opportunity to upgrade the server to an Odroid-HC1.

I read somewhere that you were running this forum on an Odroid-XU4.

Both sharing the same hardware, I believe you'll take special care of maintaining armbian for that platform :-)

I'll sure wait for the bugfixes, no emergency on my side…

 

Cheers !

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.