Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No wifi Rock 5B plus 26.04 Gnome 6.18.28

Featured Replies

I Installed this image and it works fine. Sadly the build in WiFi module is not working. I now use an external wifi dongle.

 

What could be the problem here?

 

Ernst-Jan

Solved by Ernst

  • Author

Wow...

 

OK, this is far beyond what I understand.

I see a mediatek wifi dongle in USB 2-1 I think the plugged in dongle. But have no idea were the internal WiFi adapter is and how to activate it.

 

It worked in a previous version of armbian ubuntu but not the latest I just found out...

Ernst-Jan

  • Author

Maybe not the right place but the same happened on my OP5Ultra. The latest kernel stopped the internal WiFi module. Falling back to again 6.1.115 did the trick.

 

So both Radxa 5B plus and OP5 ultra suffer the same problem when installing the latest Armbian Ubuntu. I assume other boards have similar problems...

 

Ernst-Jan 

Actually spoke to soon, seeing this issue on the 6.18 kernel but happens randomly, its a known upstream issue that has been fixed in 7.1, but you guys should back port this fix here:

 

Upstream fixed this exact Radxa/RTL8852BE problem by retrying the eFuse operation five times. The fix is https://chatgpt.com/g/g-p-69619e56d4d48191866d830f3ebddfc0/c/6a5ee909-da2c-83ea-981e-de8591585c8c, with the Wi‑Fi/BT contention confirmed by the Realtek maintainer in the patch discussion https://patchew.org/linux/20260301042422.195491-1-christianshewitt%40gmail.com/?utm_source=chatgpt.com.

The fix:

Is absent from  6.18.28 kernel.

Is still absent from vanilla 6.18.39.

First shipped upstream in Linux 7.1.

A matching ROCK 5B+ Armbian trace shows the PCIe device and firmware loading successfully, followed by the eFuse failure and error -16. Matching Armbian report.

  • Author

Well, I will wait until it works, no worry's.

I wil not go back to the 115 kernel because the sbc is getting 10 degrees warmer than the latest gnome version, 47 degrees in the 6.1.115 and 36 in 6.18.28. Both with Firefox in YouTube with the same content...

 

Te dongle works fine...

 

Ernst

26 minutes ago, Ernst said:

47 degrees in the 6.1.115 and 36 in 6.18.28

That is interesting, I would expect the other way around. I use 'btop' to watch clocks and load. On some systems, it also show GPU load and power consumption.

 

Anyway, there is also the edge kernel (7.1.0-edge-rockchip64😞

linux-image-edge-rockchip64/trixie,now 26.5.1 arm64 [installed]

 

Edited by eselarm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.