Friday at 06:11 AM2 days I have a recently commissioned Radxa Rock-5B that I use as my PXE host. It has a number of iso images that are loopback mounted on directories like /var/www/html/mirrors/Fedora-44. I recently attempted an install of Fedora 44 on a VM and it crashed, complaining that it was unable to download a package from /var/www/html/mirrors/Fedora-44/Packages/p/parted-3.6-14.fc44.x86_64.rpm. I checked the directory on the Rock-5B and it was indeed missing but it was also giving me a lot of output that looked like -r--r--r-- 1 root root 264876 Feb 2 2026 policycoreutils-3.10-1.fc44.x86_64.rpm ?????????? ? ? ? ? ? policycoreutils-newrole-3.10-1.fc44.x86_64.rpm all files from here are the same ??? I checked the sha256sum of the Fedora 44 iso against the one published on the website and it matches. I renamed the file and downloaded a fresh copy, just in case, same size, same sha256sum, same errors. I rebooted the Rock-5B to see if it was a transient problem but it was still broken on reboot. I copied the iso file to a different system running an older kernel and mounted it there and the content was correct and there were no errors and more importantly the parted-3.6 rpm file it complained about was present. I removed linux-image-bleedingedge-rockchip64 and rebooted into Linux rock-5b 6.18.53-current-rockchip64 and the problem was gone. It seems something about loopback mounting iso images is broken in 7.3.0-rc4. I have not tried a more recent bleedingedge version yet.
Friday at 06:32 AM2 days bleedingedge is not meant to be used as end-user but for developers only. Use "current" if you prefer stability over breakage.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.