Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odrioid C2/Cantata/MPD/HDMI - No Sound

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I'm new to Linux and trying to set up a music server using my Odroid C2/Armbian/Cantata/MPD/HDMI sound.

Got Armbian 5.60 (Stretch) 4.18.8 installed.

Cantata sees the small test music library I set up on the C2 and appears to play tracks as the progress bar moves.

I get no sound from the C2 connected HDMI monitor. (for initial testing only, i2s + DAC/Amp later).

I tried the same set up using the Odroid Ubuntu/Mate desktop image a few days back and it worked straight out of the box.

My suspicion is that the audio output settings in the mpd.conf are not correct (mpd 0.19.21).

For HDMI sound output, does my version of Armbian use Pulse Audio or Alsa ?

Could you give me some pointers as to what the audio output entries should be for MPD to give HDMI sound output?

  • Author

I see this is a problem with the latest version of Armbian/PulseAudio for C2 not outputting audio over HDMI and is being worked on.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.