Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

C2 Odroid kernel 4.18.8 issues

Featured Replies

Hi - I'm running kernel 4.18.8-odroidc2 under stretch and I've installed

 

  linux-headers-next-odroidc2

  linux-source-4.18.8-next-odroidc2

 

where the kernel image was

 

  linux-image-next-odroidc2

 

The system in general rocks  - I was worried about not being able to use my RTL8812AU in the monitor mode - but it works!

 

But I have 2 issues with 4.18.8-odroidc2, first the RTC PCF8563 module.

 

The .config file includes the following entries

 

  CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF85363=m

  # CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF8563 is not set

 

The Odroid C2 RTC shield is the one not set, namely, the PCF8563

 

See

 

  https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/rtc-shield/

 

Now if I try to build the loadable module

 

  make ARCH=arm64 scripts

  make ARCH=arm64 distclean

 

the last command generates the following error

 

  scripts/Makefile.clean:15: drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/Makefile: No such file or director

 

and if I just type

 

 make ARCH=arm64

 

make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm64/kernel/vdso/gettimeofday.S', needed by 'arch/arm64/kernel/vdso/gettimeofday.o'.  Stop.

 

So I have to punt. I must be doing something wrong.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

 

-- Cinaed

 

  • Author

The 4.18.8-odroidc2 kernel builds.

 

And the Makefile for the headers is identical to the Makefile for the kernel - which would explain the problem with not being able to build a loadable object using the headers.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.