Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are old kernel sources available?

Featured Replies

Hi Igor,

 

Thanks for your great work with Armbian. I'm currently using your Armbian4.90 for my Hummingboard Edge v2 (dual), as the newest that does not hang on PCIe initialization. Unfortunately, the OV5640 MIPI module is not compiled in this version (it is compiled in all later versions of kernel 3.14.60).

 

Have you kept an archive all the versions of your kernel source? Is there any way to get it so we can add and compile a specific module?

 

Of course, I would prefer if the latest 3.14 kernel could not hang with the PCIe adapter initializing, but this seems to be a pretty difficult issue... I tried the latest one available on the official Armbian site (5.00), and also using your compilation script (which gives me version 5.05 or 5.07 if I remember well). I also tried SolidRun's images.

 

Thanks!

 

Alexandre

I am aware of those problems but have no solution at the moment. Regarding sources - we don't save sources per build - we have Github and history. If you need older version, you need to remove patches which will not help much anyway. You probably mean old 3.14.x kernel sources: https://github.com/linux4kix/linux-linaro-stable-mx6 and new 3.14.x kernel sources: https://github.com/SolidRun/linux-fslc ?

 

My HB v2 is in the air so I expect to get it next week, then I'll start to focus on those problems. I'll go on the route to bring camera and HB v2 support  down to "old" 3.14. kernel, which PCI is working good.

  • Author

Igor, thanks for your dedication to Armbian. I hope you'll get your HB v2 soon. Right now I'm attempting to compile only the modules for the mipi camera, based on the linaro kernel and on an updated config from your 4.90 Armbian 3.14.60. I replaced the /drivers/media/platform directory from linaro with the fslc 3.14.60 sources. Not sure it will work, but I'll let you know... 

Is the patch already available online?

  • Author

Hi again Igor, I just compiled the default branch, and mini-PCIe works well! Thanks again!

 

Unfortunately, it seems that now the OV5640 module is not recognized anymore... Any chance you could "put it back" in the 3.14 kernel? Previous Armbian 3.14 kernels have it enabled.

 

Thanks!

 

Alexandre

Regarding camera. It is enabled and working (supposedly, since I don't have this camera to confirm this) in the kernel where PCI is not working (aka stock FSCL kernel, also available in our cubox DEV branch), from where I took HB2 definitions. This would require some extra work. It could be trivial or I could waste a day on it. Can't afford at the moment. If you need it urgent, try to do it by yourself.

  • Author

Ahhhh sorry, somehow I was sure your older 3.14.x versions had the camera support. I got mixed up playing around with your branch vs SolidRun's FSCL. Hopefully it's something trivial...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.