Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid C4

  1. I can not reiterate enough just how easy it is to "clone" your modified emmc, or microSD card OS, ... into an image file that you can easily restore with (balena)Ethcher afterwards, and all withiin Linux. 1:/ you'll need a USB-card-reader-adapter. 2:/ no matter how your USB-reader card reader sees your emmc, microSD card, ..., it'll most likely be mounted on a /dev/sda1 partition. 3:/ sudo dd bs=4M if=/dev/sda of=~/tmp/armbian_odroidc4_11_01_2025.img (you don't dd the partition, you dd the drive). 4:/ (optionally) sudo xz -v armbian_odroidc4_11_01_2025.img (this will take some time). ...and that's it, ... and you know the rest.

  2. Started by plord,

    Is there some instructions on how to get opencl with gpu working on the C4 with armbian ? I found https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c4/os_images/ubuntu/minimal/20200526#opencl_configuration but the package mali-fbdev isn't available on armbian. Closest I've got is : $ curl -L http://deb.odroid.in/c4/pool/main/m/mali-midgard-driver/mali-fbdev_0.1-2ubuntu4_arm64.deb -o mali-fbdev_0.1-2ubuntu4_arm64.deb $ ar -xv mali-fbdev_* $ tar --use-compress-program=unzstd -xvf data.tar.zst $ sudo cp -r usr/* /usr/ $ mkdir -p /etc/OpenCL/vendors/ $ echo /usr/share/mali-odroid-c4/libmali.so | sudo tee /etc/OpenCL/vendors/mali.icd But then clinfo fa…

  3. Hi, after a long time I started up my C4 and tried both the standard download kernel as well as a home compiled one. I need SPI on the C4, so I changed the device tree to meson-sm1-odroid-c4-spidev.dtb, and see spidev kernel modul loaded, but no driver, and I don't get any signals on the corresponding pins. Any help is appreciated - would be great to have SPI working again... See you, Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.3k views
  4. Hi, I currently have the issue of a non working usb port on my odroidhc4. dmesg output: [ 133.464610] usb usb1-port2: connect-debounce failed The port does not show up when lsusb is entered. uname -a: Linux odroidhc4 6.12.56-current-meson64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 29 13:09:02 UTC 2025 aarch64 GNU/Linux I solved this temporairly a while ago by booting an older kernel (linux-image-6.12.43+deb12-arm64) like mentioned here: Are there any progresses on how to fix this reliably? Because I think still running kernel 6.6.63 is not save. Thanks for your answer in advance, if you need more information I am happy to…

  5. Started by duing,

    How can we acces the SPI NOR Flash on Odroid HC4? The usual error seems to be the driver, not a thing we can overlay device tree? Id for xt25f128b is implemented. meson-spifc ffd14000.spi: registered host spi0 spi spi0.0: setup mode 0, 8 bits/w, 1000000 Hz max --> 0 spi-nor spi0.0: supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator spi-nor spi0.0: error -95 reading JEDEC ID spi-nor spi0.0: probe with driver spi-nor failed with error -95 meson-spifc ffd14000.spi: registered child spi0.0

    • Reputation Points

    • 16 replies
    • 3.7k views
  6. Hi I installed Armbian_community_26.2.0-trunk.151_Odroidhc4_trixie_current_6.18.2_minimal.img Trying to build zfs-dkms I discovered that I was missing the linux-headers for this kernel version and there is no package containing it. At least apt-cache didn't find anything. Any idea where to find it? Thanks, Chris

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 3.5k views
  7. (Sorry this tagged as C2 since C4 tag not available) - Not trying to ruffle any feathers mentioning dietpi. I have an Odroid C4 with petitboot on sd for booting os's. I have a couple usb3>sata cases with 120g ssd's installed. Blazing fast and about $25usd 🙂 I can then download images and write them to the drives. Dietpi 9.11 and using the netboot function builtin to petiboot a few different flavors of other os's including debian 12. I have Armbian on SD as well. My problem is that it is incredibly slow running from sd on my c4. It runs VERY WELL though and detects audio properly on my tv through hdmi (shows as unknown display). W…

  8. Board: ODROID-HC4 Images tested: Armbian_25.5.1_Odroidhc4_bookworm_current_6.12.28_minimal.img Armbian_25.5.1_Odroidhc4_noble_current_6.12.28.img Kernel versions tested: multiple (6.6.x, 6.7.x, 6.12.x) through armbian-config Issues observed: 1. No USB keyboard at boot I have tested with three different USB keyboards (all working fine on Debian/Ubuntu official images). 2. SATA not initialized → NAS functionality is broken Always get: ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300) Disks are never detected…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  9. I have an Odroid HC4 I've used as a NAS. Back around 2021, it worked fine. I think I installed plain armbian back then and installed openmediavault on top of it. Then I did all kinds of updates to it. I believe it's now on a hybrid of Debian Bookworm and Debian Trixie - don't ask. The update mechanism is not super clear. I wanted to run a fresh, plain Armbian and install dietpi. But there is a well documented flaw where Armbian cannot exit boot in some cases. In my case, it happens only when SATA drives are attached. I have two WD Red drives that it can't boot with those attached. It seems like the bootloader code was changed over time…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. I have three identical Odroid HC 4 which has been running the same software and using the kernel 6.12.32-current-meson64. Their are configured as NAS where the data is split across all three devices and therefore their are running constantly. A couple of weeks ago began the fan on one of the machines behavior different. It would either be running a full speed or no running, it was no longer possible to control via PWM. Now last week did another one start with the same behavior. I was do the following to test and validate the issue: I have disable the fancontrol service and manually written to hwmon2/pwm1 to set the PWM. Which was possible on the health…

  11. Started by mboehmer,

    Hi there, I have an overlay available for Odroid C4 (Kernel 6.6.51), which needs some testing in the field. It supports 12MHz operation max on the pins 19, 21, 23 and 24 on the GPIO header. In case you have a test case for that, let me know, and I can provide things to you. Michael

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. System Overview Hardware: ODROID HC4 OS: Armbian (current version) Kernel: 6.12.44-current-meson64 Use case: Production NAS with critical data Problem Description During apt upgrade, the following critical warnings appear: dpkg: warning: This system uses merged-usr-via-aliased-dirs, going behind dpkg's dpkg: warning: back, breaking its core assumptions. This can cause silent file dpkg: warning: overwrites and disappearances System state analysis reveals: /bin, /sbin, /lib are correct symlinks to /usr/* BUT: Files exist in duplicate (/bin/bash and /usr/bin/bash identical) DKMS cannot build kernel modules (missing headers)…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. Armbian recently merged and will be releasing (and backporting) a patched devicetree file for the Odroid C4 and HC4 that eliminates the second power-cycle "glitch" during boot. Hopefully this will fix at least one issue people have been reporting, where some HDDs (or other devices) do not react well to rapid power double-tap during boot. https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/main/patch/kernel/archive/meson64-6.19/board-odroid-sm1-regulators-boot-on.patch It will also be released (and likely backported) upstream in next Linux kernel release and/or fixes. Also, something else people have been reporting is the HC4 struggling to spin up two l…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.