Everything posted by mc510
-
Temporarily suspending ramlogging, will this work?
For troubleshooting purposes I want to temporarily have logs written immediately to disk rather than to ram. Will this work? # ramlog OFF sudo systemctl stop armbian-ramlog sudo sed -i 's/^ENABLED=.*/ENABLED=false/' /etc/default/armbian-ramlog sudo systemctl restart rsyslog sudo journalctl --flush # ramlog ON sudo sed -i 's/^ENABLED=.*/ENABLED=true/' /etc/default/armbian-ramlog sudo systemctl start armbian-ramlog sudo systemctl restart rsyslog
- Orange Pi Zero xradio not working on 24.08
-
Orange Pi Zero xradio not working on 24.08
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I just wrote over the microsd with the Ubuntu CLI image from https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-zero/ . Turns out it's 24.11 rolling release, but anyways wifi seems to be just fine on this new image. I think for the time being I'm just going to stick with my old 24.05 Debian CLI rather than reconfigure my whole system from scratch, but good to know that wifi support remains available in newest images.
- Orange Pi Zero xradio not working on 24.08
-
Orange Pi Zero xradio not working on 24.08
Just ran `apt-get dist-upgrade` on my Orange Pi Zero LTS with Debian minimal Armbian, and wireless network is gone (not shown in armbian-config). Tried downgrading to legacy kernel without success. I have not yet tested 24.08 from a fresh Armbian image; I'm probably going to restore previous 24.05 from a saved backup image. Just sharing this issue in case others see the same thing. No errors in dmesg ... $ dmesg | grep xradio [ 12.723829] xradio_wlan mmc1:0001:1: Input buffers: 30 x 1632 bytes [ 12.723867] xradio_wlan mmc1:0001:1: Firmware Label:XR_C01.08.52.58 Jul 19 2018 18:53:57 but wlan0 is unavailable ... $ nmcli device status DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION end0 ethernet connected Wired connection 1 lo loopback connected (externally) lo wlan0 wifi unavailable --
-
Orange Pi Zero 3
Wonder if anyone can help me understand the options in alsamixer for the analog codec? I've got: LINEOUT - this one I understand; it's an on/off toggle for the audio output. LINEOUT volume - I get this one too. Left LINEOUT mux - this one I don't understand. It can be toggled between "LOMixer" and "LROMixer"? Left Output Mixer DACL - can be muted or unmuted, but what is it? Left Output Mixer DACR - apparently the "right" channel version of previous, but ??? Right LINEOUT mux - toggle between "ROMixer" and "LROMixer"? Right Output Mixer DACL - ? Right Output Mixer DACR - ? Digital volume - self explanatory Google has never heard of the terms "LOMIxer" or "LROMixer" so I'm kind of suspecting that all of this weirdness is due to a weird-ass driver that was haphazardly thrown together by shenzen xunlong. Has anyone dug into this and figured out what this stuff means and how to use it?
- High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
- Orange Pi Zero 3
-
High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
@Khadas what are you running on your Zero now, and how is it working? I've left mine on the legacy kernel (frozen) because it was working fine, but I just ran apt upgrade and I can't ssh into it, ping mostly fails, none of the audio server stuff on it is working. Hoping that connecting it by ethernet rather than wifi will allow me in; if not I'm really hosed.
- High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
- High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
-
High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
I just went off to look at the download page to see who is the maintainer for this board, and it's no longer listed at all. At least not the way it used to be, as Orange Pi Zero. There now is an entry for Orange Pi Zero+ (H5), Orange Pi Zero +2 H3, and Orange Pi Zero +2 H5. I've actually never heard of these boards before (but Orange Pi has such an absurdly large number of different boards, that's not surprising). Not sure if one of these images supports the OG Zero, or if Community Support has stopped.
- High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
-
High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
OG Zero has been doing just fine on community support since it stopped having official support, but I think we may be at the point where we will start to see the limitations of community support. If this overheating issue is a quirk specific to Orange Pi Zero, it may never get fixed. Or at least we may have to hope that it gets fixed in the mainline kernel, rather than in the Armbian image. Do you know if it's possible to switch to the nightly kernel as easily as you can switch to the legacy kernel?
-
Orange Pi Zero 3
Wondering if there is someplace that I can look to see status and plans for Zero 3 support? Personally I'm most interested in keeping an eye on any progress towards analog audio support, and wifi improvements, but I'd be interested to see any developments as they happen. Or maybe it's the case that now that Zero 3 is up and running, with most functions working, it doesn't have anyone continuing to work on it?
- High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
- High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
-
High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
Okay, I've downgraded to kernel 6.1 and seems like the problem has gone away. I'm happy to return to 6.6 to assist with any troubleshoot, but at least for now I've got a working system. (I've been streaming audio with mpd for a couple of hours; device is reporting 26C and feels warm but not crazy hot like before.)
-
High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
Hmm, what is involved in downgrading the kernel; is that something that can be done via armbian-config? BTW, when I say that it has been freezing up on me, what I mean is that audio streaming stops and it disappears from my router’s connected devices, but the green LED remains on. I don’t know if the system has actually frozen or if WiFi just crashed.
-
High temperatures after CSC 6.6 Kernel upgrade
Came to the forum today because my Zero has been weird for the past week or two (I use it for streaming audio, and it's been freezing up) and I just noticed that it's super hot. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, but I've changed nothing for over a year, other than running apt upgrade.
-
Orange Pi Zero 3
@pixdrift, how is audio looking at this point? Analog audio support exists in orangepi's Ubuntu, but it's bad -- super weird alsamixer and doesn't work at all with shairport-sync -- so maybe it's a lost cause? If so I'll just stop waiting for it and will use my Zero3 for a non-audio application. Thanks everyone for your work bringing basic Armbian support to the Zero3 in spite of the lack of any assistance from Shenzhen Xunlong or Allwinner.