September 18, 20242 yr Just ran `apt-get dist-upgrade` on my Orange Pi Zero LTS with Debian minimal Armbian, and wireless network is gone (not shown in armbian-config). Tried downgrading to legacy kernel without success. I have not yet tested 24.08 from a fresh Armbian image; I'm probably going to restore previous 24.05 from a saved backup image. Just sharing this issue in case others see the same thing. No errors in dmesg ... $ dmesg | grep xradio [ 12.723829] xradio_wlan mmc1:0001:1: Input buffers: 30 x 1632 bytes [ 12.723867] xradio_wlan mmc1:0001:1: Firmware Label:XR_C01.08.52.58 Jul 19 2018 18:53:57 but wlan0 is unavailable ... $ nmcli device status DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION end0 ethernet connected Wired connection 1 lo loopback connected (externally) lo wlan0 wifi unavailable -- Edited September 18, 20242 yr by mc510 add info
September 19, 20242 yr Can you share full logs? Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
September 19, 20242 yr Author Thanks for that reminder @Werner, here's armbianmonitor logs https://paste.armbian.com/xeniyaziyo
September 23, 20242 yr check if zz-10-override-wifi-random-mac-disable.conf zz-20-override-wifi-powersave-disable.conf exists on /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d directory.
September 24, 20242 yr Author Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I just wrote over the microsd with the Ubuntu CLI image from https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-zero/ . Turns out it's 24.11 rolling release, but anyways wifi seems to be just fine on this new image. I think for the time being I'm just going to stick with my old 24.05 Debian CLI rather than reconfigure my whole system from scratch, but good to know that wifi support remains available in newest images.
September 24, 20242 yr In newest Armbians, we are using netplan, instead of NetworkManager https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Networking/ Edit a config file sudo netplan apply
September 25, 20242 yr Author 5 hours ago, robertoj said: In newest Armbians, we are using netplan, instead of NetworkManager https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Networking/ Edit a config file sudo netplan apply You can still configure basic wifi connection through armbian-config though, right? Without having to deal directly with netplan?
September 25, 20242 yr I learned netplan recently, because I was unable to use armbian-config or nmtui (the underlying mechanism used by armbian-config)
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.