Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RockBian

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RockBian

  1. Today I updated the kernel, and so had to reboot. I first changed verbosity, and rebooted. The box didn't come back. So I hooked up the serial cable, and power cycled it. No serial output, and no boot. I power cycled again, still no output, but it did boot. Weird. Is there a drawback to leave it running with verbosity on 7? And if there isn't, why isn't that the default?
  2. Today I upgraded my Helios64, and after reboot it didn't come back. (Waited for 5 minutes or so) After connecting a serial cable (via the USB-C connector), and rebooting, I saw a normal bootloader log (as far as I can see), but no kernel log, just a repeated 'ERROR: rockchip_plat_sip_handler: unhandled SMC (0x82000003)'. I rebooted again, to create a bootlog file, and I saw the same. Then suddenly, after a minute or so, I saw network activity, and my Helios64 was back. Now I have 3 questions. 1) Why didn't it boot twice, and then succeeded? 2) Why is there no kernel bootlog? 3) What is an unhandled SMC? The log ended with ERROR: rockchip_plat_sip_handler: unhandled SMC (0x82000003) ERROR: rockchip_plat_sip_handler: unhandled SMC (0x82000003) p104^Gp104^G Armbian 26.5.1 trixie ttyS2 helios64 login: So apparently the serial port is ttyS2. dmesg gave me this info: sudo dmesg | grep tty [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=d03fc106-73e9-4465-89a6-b23dbd26eddd rootwait rootfstype=btrfs splash=verbose console=ttyS2,1500000 console=tty1 consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 ubootpart= usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u cgroup_enable=cpuset cgroup_memory=1 cgroup_enable=memory [ 0.001587] printk: legacy console [tty1] enabled [ 1.986600] ff180000.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0xff180000 (irq = 31, base_baud = 1500000) is a 16550A [ 1.988766] ff1a0000.serial: ttyS2 at MMIO 0xff1a0000 (irq = 32, base_baud = 1500000) is a 16550A [ 1.988911] printk: legacy console [ttyS2] enabled [ 7.930510] systemd[1]: Created slice system-getty.slice - Slice /system/getty. [ 7.934926] systemd[1]: Created slice system-serial\x2dgetty.slice - Slice /system/serial-getty. [ 7.938724] systemd[1]: Expecting device dev-ttyS2.device - /dev/ttyS2... [ 8.771412] systemd[1]: Found device dev-ttyS2.device - /dev/ttyS2. Is it normal that there are 2 legacy consoles enabled? minicom.cap
  3. If it is bootable, it is supposed to boot from it. The default u-boot boots first from SD, then eMMC, then SATA.
  4. Here: https://fi.mirror.armbian.de/oldarchive/helios64/archive/ you can find older images.
  5. I can provide you the vmlinuz and uInitrd 5.10.43, if that helps. You should be able to put them on your SD card. Don't know of the newer userland can handle that old kernel, but at least you should be able to see the kernel log, to rule out hardware or u-boot problems.
  6. https://wiki.kobol.io/helios64/files/psu/YHY_12V_PSU_Specification.pdf
  7. I'm interested too.
  8. The file /boot/armbian_first_run.txt is sourced by a bash script (/usr/lib/armbian/armbian-firstrun-config), but only if the file /root/.not_logged_in_yet exists.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.