Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WINEDS

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WINEDS

  1. Yes I guess at AUD3.15 dollar SDIO module on Aliexpress we can't expect much. Although maybe SDIO bandwidth is the limiting factor? alarm@h96-tvbox-3566:~/Desktop$ sudo iw dev wlan0 link Connected to 48:b4:24:48:96:46 (on wlan0) SSID: wireless+ freq: 5180.0 RX: 1341373709 bytes (1032430 packets) TX: 525423972 bytes (535411 packets) signal: -38 dBm rx bitrate: 286.7 MBit/s 40MHz HE-MCS 11 HE-NSS 1 HE-GI 0 HE-DCM 0 tx bitrate: 286.7 MBit/s 40MHz HE-MCS 11 HE-NSS 1 HE-GI 0 HE-DCM 0 My Ideapad sitting next to the H96 connects to the same AP and does much better : paul@paul-IdeaPad-5-2-in-1-14AHP9:~$ sudo iw dev wlp2s0 link Connected to 48:b4:24:48:96:46 (on wlp2s0) SSID: wireless+ freq: 5180.0 RX: 4168818505 bytes (5516108 packets) TX: 12131143 bytes (14907828 packets) signal: -41 dBm rx bitrate: 2401.9 MBit/s 160MHz HE-MCS 11 HE-NSS 2 HE-GI 0 HE-DCM 0 tx bitrate: 2161.3 MBit/s 160MHz HE-MCS 10 HE-NSS 2 HE-GI 0 HE-DCM 0 bss flags: short-slot-time dtim period: 2 beacon int: 100
  2. AIC8800 modules spam dmesg with debug messages. To suppress add aic8800.conf to etc/modprobe.d/ see : https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/issues/15 sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/aic8800.conf add: options aic8800_fdrv_sdio aicwf_dbg_level=0 options aic_load_fw_sdio aicwf_dbg_level=0 Edit : WIFI speed still limited to about 100Mbps with H96 about 2m from access point. Anybody else see this? aic8800.conf
  3. Thanks maka for replying. Issue is resolved and Ethernet is working now. I did not read the first email from Maxio tech properly and I was sent files for MAE0621A-Q3C rather than the MAE0621A-Q2C which I have. Maxio tech kindly sent me files for MAE0621A-Q2C yesterday and I managed to compile it into the current kernel 6.12.24
  4. Maxio Tech kindly sent me some documentation and files. I managed to get the MAE0621 driver compiled into kernel 6.12.24. I had to make some new patches. But I am getting a DMA engine initialization failed message (see attached) in dmesg and Ethernet still doesn't work : [ 157.100705] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet end0: PHY [stmmac-0:00] driver [MAE0621A-Q2C Gigabit Ethernet] (irq=POLL) [ 158.104686] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet: Failed to reset the dma [ 158.105304] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet end0: stmmac_hw_setup: DMA engine initialization failed [ 158.106119] rk_gmac-dwmac fe010000.ethernet end0: __stmmac_open: Hw setup failed Do I also need to update uboot for MAE0621? The current uboot patches I have from the vendor apply to phy_init() which has been deprecated. Or maybe this is a DTB issue? Any hints or advice would be kindly appreciated. dmesg_error.txt
  5. I have a temp fix for the WIFI on newer hardware with AIC8800 SDIO WIFI module. Download or wget : https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/download/3.0%2Bgit20240327.3561b08f-4/aic8800-firmware_3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-4_all.deb https://github.com/radxa-pkg/aic8800/releases/download/3.0%2Bgit20240327.3561b08f-4/aic8800-sdio-dkms_3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-4_all.deb Then : sudo dpkg -i aic8800-firmware_3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-4_all.deb sudo dpkg -i aic8800-sdio-dkms_3.0+git20240327.3561b08f-4_all.deb
  6. I've just got one of these boxes and ethernet does not work in armbian. It has a MAE0621A network chip. Also WIFI chip is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007622558922.html which is think is similar to AIC8800DC.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.